03- The Guy at the Bar

2 weeks later

My phone rang with a notification. A couple of months before my movie came out, I auditioned for a romance movie about a girl who falls in love with her deceased boyfriend's brother. The notification I had just received told me that I got the lead girl. 

I smiled at the notification and read the entire e-mail. It didn't give me any detail about who my co-stars were, so I was going to have to figure that out later. It did tell me that filming would begin a week from now, and that I was expected to be there in time.

1 week later

I walked onto set, where the filming would take place.

I was tapped on the shoulder and I turned around to see Lexie Wright standing behind me. She was going to play the role of my sister in the movie. I smiled at her and hugged her. Lexie was Stella's girlfriend. They started dating back in high school after meeting in a social studies class, and had been together ever since. 

"How's life been?" I asked her. 

"Pretty good, what about yours?" She responded. 

"Well, the past month or so has been pretty crazy." I said, remembering the night of the premiere. 

"Yeah, a lot has happened for me in the past month too. Nothing too crazy, though." Lexie said. "Also, I heard you and Evan broke up? Are you alright?"

"Yeah, it was a mutual break up, at least I think it was. We were both so busy, we barely had time for each other." 

"I'm sorry. You two seemed like the perfect pair." Lexie told me.

"Apparently we weren't." I sighed. "It's okay though, we're both happier now."

"I'm glad you're happier." She smiled at me, and that comforted me. I smiled at her, and she added, "Have you met the rest of the cast?"

I shook my head. 

"You should go meet them." She said.

I nodded and said "I'll go do that now. It was nice seeing you." 

I walked off after giving her one last small smile. I walked around the set for a few minutes before seeing the director talking to a taller man in a suit whose back was facing me. 

I walked up to them and the director extended her hand for me to shake. I grinned at her and shook her hand. I looked at the man beside me. He looked back at me, and both his smile and mine dropped. I recognized him almost immediately. 

It was the guy I'd slept with a few weeks back.

I quickly put the smile back on my face and turned back to the director. The man in the suit nodded at the director and walked off.  

"Have you two met yet?" The director asked me, not seeming to have noticed our reactions to seeing each other on set together.

"No, who is that?" I asked, deciding to play it off like I had never heard of the man.

"That's Milo Manheim. He'll be playing your love interest." 

Fuck.