17- Uneasy

Madelyn's POV:

I watched Milo walk off with Jordyn. Hopefully he was going to confront her about making up that story about me. If things were going to go like how I wanted them to, she would be out of the equation by the time they were done talking. If things didn't go the way I wanted, then I knew that Jordyn would probably try and kill me. She was probably already mad at me because I had the nerve to talk to him after her threat.

I watched them walk to a corner of the restaurant's lobby, and after a few seconds of staring, I looked back at Evan and sat down across the booth from him. I didn't say anything at first, waiting to see if he would say anything.

"That got kind of out of control..." Was all he said.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Are you okay?" He asked. "You responded oddly."

"I'm fine." I said.

"Clearly you aren't."

I looked into his eyes and responded with this. "Was your joke really a joke?"

He let out a quiet, flabbergasted laugh, like I just asked if the sky is blue. "Of course it was a joke, Madelyn. Why would you think it wasn't?"

"I don't know. You just acted differently when you said it." I looked down at my hands, which were clutching onto my pants.

"Well you don't have to worry about it not being a joke. I didn't actually know he had a stalker."

"He thought I was his stalker." I told Evan.

"Why?" He asked me.

"That Jordyn girl made up a story to make him think I was stalking him. That's why he was acting weird around me."

Evan nodded slowly. "That's fucked up. I didn't really like her when I met them earlier."

"I didn't like her when I met her either." I shook my head.

"You guys met here." He said.

I looked back up at him. "How did you know?"

"Just a guess." He shrugged. Something in the way he held himself said otherwise.

"I don't think that was just a guess, Evan." I shook my head again.

He laughed. "Obviously it was."

I didn't fully trust what he was saying, and it made me uneasy. "What made you guess this place?"

"I don't know. I just guessed here."

"But you seemed really confident when you said it. Are you hiding something?"

"Maddie, I have nothing to hide. Especially from you. First you think I wasn't joking earlier, and now you think I'm hiding something? Did our break up really make you this paranoid?" He asked.

"I guess it did. You've been acting weird all night, so therefore I have a reason to suspect that you're hiding something." I told him. "Just tell me if you are. It can't be that bad."

"I'm not hiding anything. I swear."

"Liar."

He scoffed at me and rolled his eyes. "Why do you think I'm hiding something, Madelyn?"

"The way you're acting is making me uneasy, and I'm just trying to keep Milo and I safe."

"What does this have anything to do with Milo?" He scoffed again.

"What if you're his stalker?"

This made him laugh. "Are you serious? You're really worrying about that? You're not even attracted to him, you're attracted to me."

"What the fuck? I'm not attracted to you. I'm just giving you another chance."

"Well you aren't into him. That's not like you. You aren't into guys who have girlfriends." He told me.

"The heart wants what it wants, does it not?" I asked him.

"You're kidding." Was all he said.

"I'm not."

"You're really into that piece of shit?"

"If we're talking about pieces of shit, one's sitting in front of me." I told him. "And Milo's not a piece of shit."

He seemed to completely ignore my insult. "Milo is a piece of shit. He barely makes an effort to talk to you, Madelyn. You've seen him around work, ignoring you and kissing other girls in front of you. You deserve better. I can be better than he could ever be for you."

Evan wasn't wrong, but he wasn't right at the same time. Milo didn't put in the effort to talk to me. But there was no way Evan could be better for me.

As I was thinking about whether or not Evan could be better for me, I realized that he was talking about things that he didn't see, like Milo kissing Jordyn in front of me. Evan wasn't on set that day, so there was no way that he could've seen that. Either someone told him, or he had been watching. This made me more uneasy than I already was.

"How did you know that he kissed Jordyn in front of me?"

I saw his eyes widen slightly, like he had said something he didn't mean to say. "Um, someone told me." He answered.

"Oh my God. You are a liar. You've been watching Milo." I stood up from the table quickly and grabbed all of my stuff, ready to run out of the restaurant's door if needed.

"Madelyn, I haven't been watching Milo." He said.

"Don't lie to me." I quickly grabbed a few fifty dollar bills to pay for our food, and I laid all of those on the table, along with a tip. I turned to walk the other way, when Evan grabbed my arm.

"I'm not fucking lying, Madelyn Black." The look in his eyes scared me.

"Let go of me." I struggled to get out of his grasp, but I managed. I began to speed walk towards the door, when I saw Milo walking back towards the table.

"Madelyn?" He asked.

"Just follow me." I said as I grabbed his hand and walked out of the door with him.

"What's going on?" Milo asked. "Are you okay? Did you pay?"

"I'll explain what's going on in a second. And yeah, I'm fine. Or at least I think I am. And yes, I paid, and I added a tip too." I said.

"Thank you. I'll pay you back."

"You don't have to do that." I told him.

"But I want to do that."

I shook my head. "I won't take your money. I don't need it."

"You're going to take my money, Mads."

I couldn't help but smile at the nickname, but I ignored that. "No I'm not."

"Fine." He sighed. "So are you going to explain what happened in there?"

"I will later."

A/N: I feel like this is enough to post for now, and I'm gonna try and update within the next two days or so.