04- Fun Drunk

"Is that okay?" The director asked me.

I snapped back into reality, after losing focus in a spiral of thoughts.

"Yeah. I think he'll be fun to work with." I answered her question, faking a small smile.

"Yeah, he's a pretty interesting guy. You should definitely try and get to know him, Madelyn. He may be good for you, y'know." She nodded at me, like she was giving me the best advice anyone could ever ask for.

I looked at her with a puzzled expression and questioned, "Why do you say that?"

She seemed hesitant to say her next words. "After your break up with Evan and all of that drama, Milo might be a nice guy to get to know, if you know what I mean."

"What drama? Evan and I broke up almost two months ago, and it was just because we didn't have time for each other. It's not like either of us did something bad."

"I never said either of you did something wrong, Madelyn. It just took all of us by surprise."

I sighed and spoke up again. "Well, I may get to know Milo, if I feel like it. It was nice talking."

She nodded at me again and smiled. She waved a small wave and then I walked off, trying to find Milo.

It took me less than five minutes to find the man talking with Lexie by some chairs.

I stood behind them so that Lexie could see me behind Milo. I mouthed a phrase to her and made a few gestures, making sure she understood me. I told her: "I need to talk to this guy alone."

It didn't take her long to end her conversation with him, giving me the perfect opportunity to talk to Milo.

I walked over to him and greeted him awkwardly. I extended my hand to him, and he shook it.

"So we're just going to act like we haven't met before? Even when no one's watching?" He asked me.

I sighed and looked him in the eye. "Can we talk about that night?" I spoke in a quieter tone than we were using before.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'll start." He said and waited for me to let him know he could continue speaking. After I nodded, he continued with "I just want to start by saying that I don't regret that night."

As much as I hate to admit it, I smiled at his comment. I nodded and replied with "I don't either."

He smiled after he saw me smiling, and then continued. "I don't think it's a good idea to mention it to anybody here, though."

"I agree. I already told the director that I've never heard of you."

"Have you? I mean, I know we hooked up and stuff, but did you know who I was?" He seemed genuinely curious.

I shook my head. "No, actually. I was drunk, if that counts as an excuse. But I don't think I would've known who you were even if I was sober."

He seemed disappointed for a moment. The look quickly went away, and he shrugged. "Yeah, I get why you wouldn't know who I was."

I sighed and then we stood in silence for a few seconds before I asked him, "Did you know who I was?"

"Will you get mad at me if I say yes?"

I shook my head.

"Then yeah, I knew who you were."

"Were you trying to get me into bed because I'm well known?" I asked.

He shook his head almost immediately. "Woah. Absolutely not." He looked shocked as to why I would even suggest that. "And for the record, you came onto me first."

I tried to recall the moments at the bar, but the longer I thought, the more confused I got. "I did?"

He nodded. "Yeah, we were just talking, and then you stood up and tried to dance with me or something."

"That's embarrassing." I said as I turned my face away, trying to hide the embarrassment.

"I found it funny." He shrugged. "You're a fun drunk, Madelyn."

God.

"And then the bartender told me to take you somewhere else because of how loud you were being."

"That's awful." I was hoping that he'd finish talking about it soon.

"After that, I took you outside and you suggested we go to a hotel, and so we did. And then we had sex." I could see a slight blush on his face as he said the sentence.

"And then you left me the next morning." I added, turning my face to look at him again.

He sighed and looked down. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine. I took a pill, so you don't have to worry about anything."

A look of relief flashed on his face for a split second before it went away. "Yeah, that's good."

"And thank you for leaving the jacket."

He nodded. "I figured you'd need it, so that hopefully no one would notice who you were."

I gave him a small smile and nodded. "It worked."

He returned the smile and said, "Good."

We stared at each other for a moment. I looked at his brown eyes and he looked into my blue ones. I felt my face warm up before my phone rang with a call.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at who it was. It was Stella. "I'm sorry. I should probably take this, though."

"Yeah, that's fine." I started to walk off before he said something else. "And we are keeping this a secret, right? That night?"

I nodded at him and smiled, thankful that I wouldn't have to worry about him telling anyone on set. As I walked away, it was like I could feel him watching me walk off. As I answered the call, I smiled to myself after getting to officially meet Milo.