08- Nervous

A/N: The story is back in Madelyn's point of view.

I got two hours of sleep the night before. Jordyn's message made me think about Milo. All night, I was thinking about him. I walked in to set the next day, and thankfully I didn't see Milo and have to try and calm my thoughts down.

I was also up thinking about whether or not Jordyn found out about my night at the hotel with Milo. I also thought about whether or not she would just tell people that I was a slut, and leave Milo out of it so that he didn't get any backlash. I swore to myself that I wasn't going to tell anyone about the message, not even Stella.

I did see Lexie, though. I walked over and sat beside her on some chairs that were set over to the side. Hopefully I could get my mind off of the situation if I talked to someone.

"Anything new with you and Manheim?" She asked as I was sitting down.

"No." I lied, as if I hadn't been thinking about him all night long. As if I wasn't thinking about what him and I could possibly be if Jordyn wasn't a part of the equation.

"Damn, you two need to speed up your storyline." She said, opening a bag of barbecue chips.

Her comment made me laugh, and she started laughing with me.

"Anyway, I talked to him earlier today." Lexie stated.

"What did you talk about?" I asked her.

"It was just small talk, like how our week's have been and shit. He seemed really nervous, though."

"Like nervous to go and film a scene?"

"No, it was more like the kind of nervousness that people get when they are looking for someone. He was constantly looking around himself, and checking his phone, and fidgeting with his hands. It made the conversation awkward." She explained.

"That's weird. He doesn't usually act like that." I said.

"I know."

"I hope he's okay, though. I hope it wasn't anything serious that he was worrying about." I added.

Lexie nodded in agreement, and offered me a chip. I accepted the offer, and we stopped talking about Milo.

1 Hour Later

An hour later, I was rehearsing my lines over the phone with Stella.

"It was just an accident, Ethan, you didn't mean to do it." I read off of the script.

"Hold up for a second. The guy you're saying that to is Milo, right? He's Ethan and you're Jess?" Stella asked.

"Yeah, that's right." I answered.

"Okay, cool. How have you two been recently? Ever since our night at the restaurant?"

"We haven't really talked since. He messaged me like 2 hours or so after dinner, though. He just apologized for Jordyn, and I told him everything was fine."

"But it wasn't. She was being a cunt, and we all knew it. She didn't try to hide that. It was like a warning for you to back away from Milo. Or what was her nickname for him?" She asked.

"Miles." There was disgust in my voice, and I didn't even try to hide it. It wasn't that I didn't like the nickname, because I did. It was that it was the fact that Jordyn was the one to have made that nickname for him.

"Someone's jealous. Is it the fact that she made it?"

It should've been me. I kept that thought to myself.

"Yeah." I answered Stella's question.

I heard someone walking behind me. I turned to see Milo.

"I'll call you later, Stella." I hung up, not waiting for a reply.

I quickly walked over to him, despite Jordyn's message to stay away from him.

"Hey, Milo." I walked with him as he walked.

"Oh, hey." He looked at the ground, not making eye contact with me.

"How have you been?" I asked.

"Fine, I guess. You?"

"I've been better." I shrugged.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked me, and we finally made eye contact.

"It's nothing, just personal issues." Personal issues that involved him and another girl that wanted me out of the situation.

"I get that. If you need to talk about it, just text me." He told me. He started fidgeting and looking around. It was exactly what Lexie had described earlier.

"Thanks. I was going to text you about it last night, but I figured you were probably asleep-"

"Look, I've got to film a few scenes, but I'll see you later." He cut me off, and gave me a small wave before walking faster.

"Oh, okay. Bye then." I stopped walking, and he continued to walk off. As much as I hated to admit it, that kind of hurt. Maybe it was just me overthinking, but it was like he didn't want to talk to me.

I sighed and tried to ignore it. I walked back over to where I was practicing my lines, and I continued.