Makeups and Truths

Sometimes we do things even though we know it's wrong for everyone else but right for us. You have to put yourself first in order to overcome your obstacles and fears. You have to be willing to lose people and opportunities while fighting for what you want but... don't lose yourself in the process..

———

Je t'aime Larry
—Laurent

———

Lau awoke to the sound of Jaden slamming the apartment door. Fearing the worst, he rose to his feet slowly walking out of the bathroom only to find the apartment empty. Looking around confused he walked into the bedroom to find half of Jaden's clothes gone. Something about this put him on edge, something didn't feel right and he didn't want to be around when shit hit the fan. He'd made up his mind, he'd sleep at his mom's house for a few days, Larry had his own place so he didn't have to worry about seeing him. Speaking of Larry he replayed their argument repeatedly in his head.

He missed him so much and felt horrible that they weren't speaking. He loved his brother more than anything and he wished he could just tell him what was going on. It's ripping his heart to shreds, it feels like half of him is gone. It's been a few days now since the fight but the wounds are still fresh. Without his brother being his sunshine and strength he needed to carry on, he's fallen into a dark mental state. Larry has tried to reach out to him and apologize for the things he said to him but Lau won't hear it. Jaden meant what he said and he'd rather suffer than live in a world without his other half.

The abuse isn't getting any better and neither is Lau's mental state or insecurities. Larry can't take hearing his brother speak this way, he aches to hold him, comfort him and tell him how beautiful he is because to him Laurent is the most beautiful person he's ever seen and that will never change. "Mon Dieu, tu es un idiot Lau"  Larry responds every time Lau calls himself ugly or unattractive. In Larry's eyes his brother could do no wrong, he was perfect in every way and nothing could ever change his mind. Not when it came to Laurent.

He sat down on the couch scrolling through his phone to distract himself from giving in and calling Larry. He was caught up in an internal battle with his brain and heart... his heart was currently winning. He couldn't do it, they'd never gone this long without talking and it didn't feel right. He took a deep breath to clear his mind as he clicked on Larry's contact. The phone seemed to ring for a century and he contemplated hanging up when the call connected and his ears were blessed by the sweet sound of his twin's voice. "Hello? Lau? Ça va?" Lau smiled nodding his head as if Larry could see him.

"Oui, tu me manques tellement"  he sighed closing his eyes taking in the sound of Larry "I miss you too Belle" he could tell his brother was smiling his signature smile on the other end causing him to smile against his will. He sighed once again feeling himself becoming emotional "I'm sorry, Je suis vraiment désolé Larry" He sniffed wiping his eyes before continuing "I keeping secrets from you and we never do that.."

Larry was silent on the other end for a few seconds before he spoke "No, I the one who's sorry, I yell at you out of frustration and I say things I no mean.. I sorry Belle, please forgive me". Lau was full on crying now as he nodded his head. "You forgiven" Larry breathed a sigh of relief sinking down into his chair "how about you come over so we can talk about everything, anything you want" Lau nodded through tears "I like that". Larry hummed a bit "Alright Belle, I'll see you in a few oki?" It was Lau's turn to nod this time "okay... Je t'aime Larry" Larry smiled with a soft chuckle "I love you more Lau" and with that they ended the call.