Ugly and Fights

The night after Larry left Jaden proceeded to come home drunk. A usual routine to add onto his other ones. He walked into the apartment eyes red and low looking for Lau, he was a man on a mission and the mission wasn't a good one. "Where the fuck are you at!" He called setting off a chain reaction in Lau. He immediately came out of the bathroom not daring to move any closer than that.

"I right here..." he mumbled not looking up at the other man, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. Jaden glared at him walking over to him grabbing him by the back of the hair yanking it roughly "look at me when I fucking talk to you" he growled pushing his head back against the door. Lau winced reaching up to grab his head blocking his face with his other arm just in case. Jaden rolled his eyes grabbing Lau's afro once again yanking him out of the way and down to the floor "always in the fucking way" he grumbled walking into the bathroom.

Lau crawled over the couch holding the left side of his face which was now scraped from the wooden floor. He wrapped up in the blanket wishing he could disappear into thin air. Love is a funny thing sometimes, you know you shouldn't love them but your heart won't budge. Sometimes you love a person so much that it's hard to leave, this wasn't the case for Lau. See Jaden is dangling Larry over his head with threats to kill him if he dared to intervene. Lau loved his brother and never wanted to see him hurt especially because of a stupid decision he'd made so he opted to remain silent.

———

The next morning Lau woke up to an empty apartment, Jaden had left without a trace and frankly Lau could care less. He knew what he was doing, he wasn't stupid and yet he couldn't bring himself to care or cry anymore. He yearned to be held at night, he yearned for someone to make love to him instead of unenjoyable sex, to be told he was beautiful, he was important, that he was wanted. He removed himself from the couch deciding to take a shower and wash away the events of last night.

Larry on the other hand found the key under the mat to the apartment and had let himself in to see his twin. He knew he was crossing a boundary but he needed to see him, needed to convince him to leave with him. Laurent climbed into the shower slowly and let the water relax his body, after a few minutes he grabbed his favorite sented body wash plus shampoo and did his routine. About forty five minutes later he got out and dried off walking past the mirror, he stopped and stared at himself. Insecure thoughts and wounds he thought he'd closed came back to the surface.

He sighed deeply while thinking out loud "why me of all people? What have I ever done to deserve this?" that voice in the back of his mind started up again "because Laurent you're ugly" he nodded his head a bit with a deflated expression "true... I a ugly worthless piece of shit who will never be loved by anyone" 

Little did he know an identical face had been listening the whole time while waiting for him to come out of the bathroom. He couldn't believe what his ears heard, he'd known of Lau's insecurities but never did he think they ran that deep. Larry's eyes teared up a bit as he listened to his brothers cruel words. His heart couldn't take it, it couldn't take hearing one of the people he cared about most speak on themselves this way.

He couldn't just stand there and listen to this anymore. His brother needed him and he was going to be there, he swiftly walked into the bathroom and held Laurent from behind. Laurent jumped thinking it was Jaden but relaxed into the other's hold and let Larry hold him after realizing it was him.

"L-Larry" Lau choked on his words beginning to cry. He tried to hold in his sobs but eventually broke down turning to bury his face into Larry's shoulder. Larry found himself shedding tears with his brother speaking softly to him "Lau... please no say that, no talk down on yourself like this. You beautiful to me and I love you" Lau released a breath he didn't know he was holding and nodded "I love you too Larry"

Larry gazed at him with a serious expression, he needed confirmation before he acted on anything. Taking a deep breath he spoke "who's hurting you Laurent?" Lau shook his head a bit "Larry please...". Larry shook his head feeling his anger beginning to boil "NO LAURENT STOP KEEPING SECRETS HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT WE TWINS?? I FEEL WHAT YOU FEEL AND I KNOW SOMETHING IS UP SO SPILL IT"

Laurent was now sobbing at this point in Larry's arms he wanted to tell him so badly but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if Larry got hurt because of him. He shook his head gazing at his brother. Larry took a deep breath talking to him barely above a whisper "Lau please...". Lau shook his head once again refusing to speak "Larry I can't".

This caused Larry to snap once again, he was getting angrier by the minute and he couldn't keep his composure "WHY NOT WE TELL EACH OTHER EVERYTHING". Lau sighed deeply before snapping back at him "WELL I CAN NO TELL YOU THIS" Larry nodded his head releasing Lau from his hold firing back before thinking of the consequences his words might cause "FINE KEEP SECRETS THEN BUT YOU NO COME CRYING TO ME WHEN YOU NEED COMFORT BECAUSE I NO BE AROUND" 

And with that being said Larry stormed out of the bathroom and the apartment slamming the door behind him. Lau slid down to the floor finally letting the sobs out shaking his whole body, he held himself trying to get the pain in his heart to stop. He'd lost his freedom and now his brother. "I'm sorry Larry"  he whispered softly out to no one as he cried himself to sleep on the bathroom floor