The Aftermath, Part 7

Part 7

Lumine and Paimon glossed through the interiors of Wriothesley's house from the doorsteps. Drenched from the rain, their clothes and hair dripped to the pristine floor, forming a small puddle under their feet. Wriothesley had brought them at his house at the Vasari Passage.

Contrary to Paimon's expectations, it was a humble abode, definitely smaller than Alhaitham's. The house was a simple single-story structure with a rather cozy interior that made up for the limited space. A dark blue, two-seater couch displayed at the living room behind a coffee table and a foot stool. Dry blocks of wood, sticks, and a fire poker piled beside an empty fireplace while a sizeable bookshelf stood next to it.

A doorless frame separated the living room from what Lumine expected to be the kitchen, judging from the small section of cupboards above a sink peeking from the view. She had no doubt those closets were filled with boxes of all types of teas and tea sets.

The white walls and tiled floors were bright, a stark contrast to the dark gritty atmosphere of the Fortress.

Everything appeared to be in order with no object left astray. She began to suspect that the man must be rarely at home since he dedicated most of his time at the underwater prison.

Wriothesley came out from the door he had disappeared to bearing folded clothes in his hands. A dry towel was hanging on his empty shoulders. He had removed his wet cape at the doorsteps and hung it over a rack.

"Here." Wriothesley handed them clean shirts. His eyes skimmed Lumine's entire body.

The wet fabric of Lumine's dress clung to her skin, detailing the outline of her chest, waist and thighs, leaving nothing much to imagination. Droplets of water slithered between her cleavage. The usual balloon skirt she wore stuck between legs such that the Duke was able to see where her crotch began and the round butt ended.

His chest tightened as he took in her body shamelessly, eyes staying longer on her thighs. The woman was unexpectedly thick. He imagined squeezing them as he lifts them up to his shoulders and-

Lumine coughed, breaking his daydream. He dragged his eyes away. "Sorry..." he murmured.

The Traveler received the clothes with a look of disapproval. They felt soft and surprisingly warm in her hands. "Thank you," she said quietly while suppressing a chill. The rain outside had not abated at all. Had they not dealt with the prophecy she would've suspected another flood brewing ahead.

The Traveler and Paimon had wet their pack of clothes and had no choice but to borrow from the Duke for the time being. She unfolded the shirt and checked the length, bringing it to the front and letting it flow down her mid-thighs. This was expected. The Duke was a big man. But, by the Archons, did he expect her to walk around the house with nothing but his shirt? "Um... where are the pants?"

"Oh, right. Sorry about that. Wait a sec." The man returned to his room to retrieve a fresh pair of pants while internally beating himself up. He was hoping she'd ask nothing more. Lumine would look lovely in his shirt... and nothing else, but that was too much to ask for someone who wasn't even his girlfriend. And he lamented this fact.

"It's so big, it'll probably fall off Paimon!" Paimon said as she inspected Wriothesley's shirt.

"We'll just tie it around you," Lumine suggested.

The Duke came back with some cotton pants that were just as big. He handed the two some dry towels as well. "You and Paimon can take a hot bath first. I already prepared the heater."

Lumine pressed her lips. "How about you? You'd be cold."

"I can wait. I'll start the fire and make us something to eat."