Changing Tides

Chapter 21

Onyx arrived in town, and he went to see an old friend in the lounge district. He arrived at the door to the currency a club of who's who. He entered, sitting down with one guard while the others waited in the car.

Sir? A young, beautiful girl came offering him a drink on a round pink light lit tray. Yes, thank you. She put the whiskey glass on the table in front of the red couch he sat on the table, lighting a soft glow of white when she sat the glass down. The ambiance of the club and the soft hue of lights as memorable as they day he left it all behind.

He sat sipping, smoking his cigar waiting. The click of heels approaching over the soft melodic sounds of live Jazz music approached. He didn't have to look up he knew the sound of that sexy walk over heavy medal music or even a crowded street. He didn't look up he smiled.

I saw you on camera and couldn't believe my eyes. Onyx Chrysler in the flesh. She sat next to him, pushing a button. The floor turned slow, sliding backward, a frosted soundproof wall closed in front of them. His guard rose, pulling his gun. Tell him if 7the bullets ricochet off the glass, he will kill himself. She whispered, staring at Onyx, getting high off the smell of her favorite male blended oils on him.

He turned to her, leaning in kissing her, his tongue mixing with hers the taste of the clubs personal blend of whiskey on his lips. You taste as sweet as you were the day I got outta here, Tyde. What brings Onyx Chrysler in my club? Besides, you baby?
Luke. Tyde sat back inhaling, sharing his glass like old times. Talk to me, baby. I need you.

You know what your nephew was into, yes? Of course, baby, I knew since the boys mother died what he wanted to do. My girls tell me that your nephew was big time Onyx he was really big. Bigger than the drug game.

Wait, Tyde, how does anyone get bigger than the drug game itself? She nodded her head Luke was selling legal pharmaceuticals making five times what these negros on the street make. I'm lost Tyde.

Okay baby follow me she bought her voice down how much is a gram of Coke on the street Nyx? You got ya $5 $10 $20 you know baby whatever the customer needs. Right Luke was getting $30 per pill roxies and perks during a pill drought in the hood can go as high as $40.a pill. Onyx whistled. Yeah O that part.

Luke wasn't messing with petty street drugs no sir he has drug manufacturers lile Phizel and Merk-Clarke under his belt. The people who worked for them the chemists worked for Luke Onyx. She giggled I told you that boy was smart I warned you. Haha that you did.

Those chemists Onyx..

Umm humm...

They moonlighted for Luke he bought the old coffee mill warehouse in the hood you know no one cares about those old warehouses until the developers do. Word is Luke bought more then half on that area and one Onyx...he turned into a medical lab. He had them fools making the same pills at night in his lab.

The same exact pills? The same exact pills since they are the ones making them for the pharmacies anyway. The boy ha s nursing homes on lock, clinics hospitals hell Luke had maid's that clean a house when people die bringing him pills. No one was borrowing money from the sharks no sir sell ya pills to Luke he will pay you top dollar.

Heck I sold him some antibiotics the boy paid me $500 in advance for six refills. Wow. Yes sir. Luke was killing a lot of business around here the loan sharks, the Coke sellers and the crack dealers were mad. Mad he was stacking all this cash and refused to share one thin dime.

They got Black to grab Tina set him up lock him up so they could steal the business but Luke's contacts refused to do business with anyone but Luke. You had ya one or two that tossed Black some business here and there but nothing and I mean nothing like Luke was doing. That boy done ruffled a LOT of feathers and tonight they aim to make him pay. Luke came home picking up where he left off. He found out Black robbed him for $85,000 in pills that boy is like you he ain't letting that go. He found out he was a daddy and his son was calling his enemy daddy instead of him. Luke found out about his son at the hospital after Black "mistakenly" shot the child grazed his arm. Black put a hit out on him tried to kill him in Mexico to steal his contact in Cancun. They fucked up Luke returned to the states calling Black's cocaine and heroine contacts threatened to stop doing business with them if they sold to Black or his crew. Luke was buying way more then Black so...the plug stopped supplying Black this is what caused a war between two men who already had beef. Last night Luke ended the life of his biggest rival. I mean who can blame him Nyx the man shot his son.

Word is he was making $600k per month that was on a slow month. Onyx sat back shocked. I had no idea Tyde. Wasn't he paying you for protection, Nyx? Yes, that's why I'm here who has my nephew, bae?

Who has the most to lose and has his hands in everything except Luke's business? Onyx gave Tyde a dirty look, yes, bae your arch nemesis. You rolling into town just changes the tide tremendously in Luke's favor. The only thing keeping Luke alive is the name of his bad ass Uncle from Baltimore......

Onyx Chrysler.