Adrenaline

Chapter 17

Robin looked on her camera located in her house. She had a crack head mount a camera in the tree across the street from Tina's house. She watched TV old episodes of Dynasty shouting at her TV. Dominique you that bitch! She was rolling her neck and snapping her fingers in the air in circles eating popcorn chicken. Her phone kept going off with notifications.

She picked it up aggravated. "Oh shit!" She saw dozens of men leaving Tina's house with guns. She turned her phone up they were riled up about getting Luke. Tina never tried to warn Luke not by what Robin saw. She picked up her phone Luke answered. Hey baby, Cass is dead and the shipment is gone. All of it Luke? Except for what I had hidden in your garage what the two? Robin smiled no half. Half? Luke sat why? I sent half to Cass keeping the other half here I was thinking what if we were hit? They'd get all of it not just half I never thought Cadd would die or I would have kept it all here. That was my girl I only knew her a short time but she got me personality wise you know Luke? Yeah bae. Listen Mike has 17 guys they are on the way to you now.

How do you know this Robin? She was quiet Robin? I'll tell you when I see you just get out the warehouse now. Alright baby I'll see you when this is handled. Careful young Skywalker. Luke laughed I will baby...I will. Lock the house down Robin. The gates are rolled on the inside Luke. He smiled okay baby.

Luke assembled his people okay fam this what we gonna do.

Black.....

We don't have to do this Black. Fuq you talkin man? We already copped the drugs what's done is done nigga. Luke cut my supply. He talked to our suppliers nlbexause he is their main pill buyer no one wanted to cross the all powerful Luke. Nigga was locked up in sing sing comes home and he think he can sweep his corner back and seize the shit I already had? Yeah aight I got something fo dat ass.
Let's Roll niggas!

A 17 car caravan left Tina's house headed across town to dead the man who stopped drug flow and distro destroying them financially. Black was so desperate he started selling his home grown weed to keep his head a float in the game.

It was Tina who forced him to convert the mansions basement and attached Garage to a Marijuana growing space. Thank God he listened for once in his life. Even with that he was back to struggling to keep the life style he built for himself.

Across Town the Barrios...

The streets were dark word got out the rival gang members had beef and were going to meet in the street to take care of it. Black showed under the highway far away from the eyes of police. Luke did not show up. They waited...and they waited. Still no Luke. Nigga backed out Black? Black pulled his weed looking at his second in command go to the warehouse take half these niggas with you. You gonna be good Black?

Yeah, nigga go hit me up when you get there. Okay man. His number two left to go to the warehouse while Black waited. Something was off his senses were on 10 every hair on his body stood up. The streets were eerily quiet to the point of jitters. Shit an never been this quiet, he thought to himself.

He looked hat his hand in the dim street lamp light it shook under the shadows of darkness. Black smiled, realizing what it was. Fear...he hadn't felt fear since his childhood the idea of it was so foreign to him he'd forgotten the rush of adrenaline associated with the useless emotion.

His cell rang jolting him out his private thoughts and celebratory emotions that fear decided to visit a usually most unwelcome guest but he was here so Black embraced it with all in him.

Yeah? Yo! The spot is empty. YO! IN HERE! All 18 guys ran in the back room to Cass stretched out in an ornate coffin dressed beautifully with funeral wreaths surrounding her. She was clean her hair and make up were perfect. There were pictures of her from young hung all around the room.

The lights were dim the picked up a program reading her life story. What the fuck is this. Biggies the warning played loud as they poited guns looking confused. Let's get the fuck outta here!

Number two turned the door knob his boys followed. What's going on man? We can't get out Black! Use a window! One of the members opened a window.

BOOMMMMMMMM! Black felt the ground shake when.he looked up a large fire and a cloud of smoke filled the air. Black's boys ran toward the freeway mouth looking at the rising flames the sky turning smoky orange bright reds smoldered in black, as the color of blueberry and cherry lights raced across town to put the 6 alarm fire to rest. Mike fell back behind his boys that feeling worsening in his gut.  His chest tightened. The chill in his bones on high.

I heard you were looking for me. Luke stepped out the shadows of the dark under shadows of the highway, slicing Black's throat. Luke was there the whole time hiding under the darkness of a round freeway. Black couldn't yell his cords were severed. The sound of crying sirens ringing out in the night air drowned the sound of him gasping for air over gurgling blood.

Black smiled that feeling that adreneline...it wasn't fear it was death. Finally, it dragged him down with icy claws, and this time, there was no where to run and...it wasn't letting go.