Ricochet

Chapter 8

Luke rushed to the hospital he told Robin he would call her with news. As soon as he showed the Doctor rushed him are you the boys father? Honestly Doctor I am not sure. Well since we have to run a blood test to make sure you are the same type I can easily send the blood to the lab for DNA have an answer for both im 20 minutes this way sir. Luke followed the doctor passing Black and one of his henchmen in the hall. Tina walked up to Luke hey she made sure not to hug him or show feelings what did the Doctor say? Nothing checking blood and DNA. Oh. What the hell happened? A stray bullet came through his bedroom window hit him in the shoulder while he slept. I heard glass shatter ran him here Luke. Okay Tina I'll be back Luke went with Doctor.

Black gave Tina a look as a nurse pointed down the hallway.  Hello Tina Woodbridge? Yes. My name is Pia Washington I am a social worker for the department of family and children's services please come with me so we can talk. Pia walked away with the case worker afraid.

Luke sat with coffee while Mike showed strapped sitting with Luke Tina came out crying they wanna take him she cried they taking him! She ran into Blacks arms. Why Tina Shit happens! Why are you taking our son Miss? First all are you the boys biological father sir? Black was quiet. Until we can establish who the father is Dante has no family he can stay with according to to Ms Woodbridge. We need to establish next of kin or Dante will be placed im temporary foster care until the police can clear your girlfriend of any foul play.

Foul play what the fuck are you saying miss? Luke sat quiet listening to everything. The police think there was no stray shot that the shot came from within the home. The glass...the window the bullet pierced the glass rested outside the window not inside of Dante'e bedroom on the floor. There was no glass not one piece.

This is now a matter for the authorities I am just doing my job. Black removed $50k from his inner jacket whispering to the worker. She shook her head no the police served Tina with court appearance documents. Tina screamed and cried as Luke and Mike sat quiet watching. The doctor walked in that performed the surgery hello Dante is out of the woods we were able to remove the bullet. Luckily there was only an entry wound and no exit wound. We removed the bullet it was clean it did not shatter thank God.

We checked to make sure all veins were sewn before we closed the wound. Dante is resting now. We gave him a sedative and pain reliever he will be asleep for the night. Can I see him please Doctor? The Doctor looked to the case worker yes I guess. Thank you.

Tina walked in the double bed room another child was asleep in the next bed. Luke asked the Doctor hello another Doctor took my blood sample said Dante needs a blood transfusion? Yes he has A positive blood rare we requested it be flown in by medi-vac but we wont have it for hours are you the young man they are doing testing for? Yes Doctor.

Very good lets see what the the results are I will return shortly
again Luke sat patiently.  Mike looked up to a thick thighed curvy waist brown skin sexy ass blond black woman sashaying into the emergency room.  Umm umm Mike grunted taking a tooth pick out his mouth. Damn he whispered when Luke looked up Robin walked toward him with fresh coffee and a sandwich.

Luke stood Robin gave Tina a dirty look here baby I work a couple blocks over remember? When you left this morning you didn't eat I knew you'd be hungry so here. Robin bent over in her wrap dress kissing Luke her big ass had all the men drooling even Tina's man Mike. Thanks bae but you didn't have to do that. I wanted to Luke. Robin sat sipping Likes coffee fussing over him lovingly.

Hello my name is Mike I am Luke's cousin. Pleasure to meet you Mike Robin said hello but kept it short. Mike stared hearing her voice she sounded familiar but he couldn't place her. The doctor came into the small waiting are Luke can we speak? Yes Doctor they stepped outside the room them through the glass window the worker walked up speaking then she walked away.

The worker entered the room well Ms. Woodbridge good news Dante will not be placed in Foster care. Thank God Tina sighed was I cleared of child endangerment charges? No ma'am Dante will be leaving the hospital in the custody of his father Luke.

Robin left the room breaking the shocking silence.