Mexican Meeting

Chapter 13

The men rushed Luke in the alley he tossed the powder in the air backing up. The men fell to the ground coughing thag turned to choking as white acidic bubbles surfaced in their open mouths. Their skin bulbed and peeled.

POP POP POP! The other men were shot dead. Mike stepped over the body running to Luke's aide. What are you doing here? How about thank you cuz for saving my ungrateful ass. Luke chuckled thanks what happened?

You know thick bone brenda? Yeah you still mess with he? Of course well you know her brother runs with black. He told her that's why ya mans boy gonna get got in Mexico when they were arguing over money. She told me I caught the first flight the young boy told me he heard you on the phone talking Spanish of where you were headed. He understands spanish Mike. Hell yeah thank God.

I asked for all black people. He is black a black Puerto Rican. Luke laughed we need his ass down here. True come on. Mike left them in the ally as soon as they left kids came stripping the bodies of everything including clothes and shoes.

Luke arrived to his meeting it was fast but agreements were met with the commander of customs in the airport $10,000 per month American weather he comes to Mexico or not which meant he needed to send his staff once ped month with a guaranteed rate to get through customs in Mexico he already had his home airport locked down. Luke and Mike got ready to get what they needed to return home the next day.

The house phone rang Robin answered hey baby. Is Luke home? Who is this?  Tina who is this? This is Robin his new woman. Haha you mean you are the flavor of the month. Robin tossed off her glasses. You were the flavor I am a final destination. If you say so let me speak to Luke.

Don't call here again I am not going to ask again bitch Robin hung up pushing everything off her desk in one swipe.

Luke got home to his aunt's house to check on his son who was asleep when he arrived. Auntie why is he sleep so early? Early? It is 8 pm this boy gets up at five every day. His mama ain't had him on n I schedule not eating, washing, sleeping the boy was raising himself Luke. I woke to a five year old slipping me fresh made pancakes coffee and eggs and not a bit was burned.

Really Auntie? Yes he needs cooking classes. He can start with you and when he graduates beyond you then i will pay for classes agreed? Auntie chuckled I guess since you never took interest in it. Hey Robin called she sound pretty upset. Robin is always upset Auntie. Really? She seems business minded and level headed to me. I mean she is but she suffers from men doing her wrong you know? Oh I know all to well nephew.

Imma run to Queens I will be back before he wakes up. Okay. Luke tapped his aunt in the shoulder he drove to see Robin when he arrived her office was destroyed. What happened? Lyle began to pick up her office.

Leave it she said low staring at hike through lamp light shining off the floor. Tina called being real informative Luke do you know what she called me? No what baby? As he navigated over broken glass and strewn paperwork. She called me you flavor of the month.

What? He nervously chuckled why would ahe say that? Robin come out of all this mess you dont have shoes on. Luke looked at her bleeding feet oh man baby. He trudged through chunks of glass grabbing her up off the couch Robin kicked and punched Luke as he stepped over glass STOP ROBIN you are gonna make us both fall!

Luke dropped her on the bed he ran to get warm rags he sat pulling chunks of glass out her feet as she cried hysterically. Are you fucking her Luke? What? Robin I only see the bitch at appointed visits I ain't got time to fuck around behind your back! I just got outta jail Im trying to get my Damn life together!

I found out I got a son I got a caseworker up my ass watching every move and someone is trying to kill me! The only good thing I thought I had in all this mess was you but I guess I was wrong!

He cleaned her feet with peroxide she winced in pain black mascara streamed down her face. Luke sat on the edge of the bed quietly wrapping her feet. I am not a bad man Robin he whispered we all have a past I never said I was not hoeing around int youth. I ain't on that shit no more bae I don't want that life I want a family just like I told you when I was inside.

Now I am sorry I lied to you about being locked up but we here now woman. Do you want me or not? Luke kept his eyes to the floor not looking back at her the room pin drop quiet. You gotta talk to her Luke I shouldn't be bothered by women of your past. I agree baby but I can't control what people say or do but I can speak with her is that fair?

Yes Robin said faintly low. Luke undressed hopping in bed with Robin who lit a candle cuddling next to Luke. Who tried to kill you baby? Luke inhaled then exhaled revealing his truth...Black.

Robin squinted her eyes wickedly in the sullen dark memorizing the name of the deviant who put a hit on the man she loved and adored.