Dry Out

Chapter 11

Luke woke to coco the happy bear playing on TV. It was Saturday morning he looked over to Dante's bed where is mommy and daddy Black? Lyle cringed mommy went to dee grandma a while and the man Black is nit your dad Dante I am. He stared at Luke if you are my dad where have you been?

I was in jail. Bad people go to jail. Yes sometimes Dante then you have good people who did something bad and had to go. Is that what happened to you? Yes Dante I am sorry I was not there but I will be here for now on okay? Okay what is your name? Luke. Dante lit up like Luke and Anakin Skywalker? Yes Luke grinned what do you know about star wars Dante?

I love it mommy got me all the figures she said i collect them. I have a life saber and it lights up can I call you....skywalker? Dante grinned guess what? What? That is my real name. Dante's haw dropped fir real?! Yes it is my middle name.  Wow I wish that was my name or Anakin. I have to change your last name to mine how about I add Anakin as a middle name? No, Skywalker because that was Luke's name and his dads last name. If you are my dad then we can be like them and have the same name too Skywalker.

Okay Dante. Anakin. Okay Anakin Luke smiled but around some people I have to call you Dante cool? Cool my arm hurts. Let me call the nurse. Luke told the nurse he was in pain she gave him Tylenol. That is all we afe allowed to give kids sorry or Motrin. Tylenol please. She passed him a paper bag. James said pass it she whispered walking out. Luke opened ot to seven bottles of yellow percocets.

Luke grinned knowing he had to get it out fast. Robin hey baby. Hey are you coming tonight? If they release Dante yes. Okay. If not so will see you the day they let him our bae I promise. How is shot on the docks? 80k with 73 drops offs. What? Luke sat to attention how? I got us inside of 10 facilities. How? She was quiet don't worry about it. No Robin you have to say.

It's fine I got it. I will tell you when I see u not on the phone. Okay baby can you send Sabrina I have a pick up. Can't she has the truck in Fairfield square today on the village. Which truck? Ice cream puts it in the cone under the ice cream. Luke laughed hoe do they know what to ask for? The app I created. Okay wait what? Again see you when you get here.

Ok honey I have a gift for my baby. Robin grinned thank you love. They hung up 80k? Luke called Mike hey who is that kid that does private detecting? Christy? Yeah ber hire her put her on Robin. You sure Luke? Of course Im sure why Mike?

I know that girl I just can't place her. She 5-O Mike? Hell no she ain't no cop it will come to me. Well hurry the fuck up we don't need a snitch in our organization feel me Mike? I got you I will go to Christy's.office now.

Luke's phone rang private. Hello? Yo she wit you? Who's this? Black nigga is she with you? No nigga. She ain't here she ain't got no where to go if she come to you tell her come home Luke. What you and Tina got going on ain't got shit to do with me so don't involve me. I wanna know wharf the fuck happened to my son?

Who shot my boy? Was it you nigga? Luke tried to control his rising anger. It was a stray nigga. That's the lie you sticking to Black? Yeah okay Luke hung up calling a contact yeah it's me.

Black I need you to cut his work...yeah all of it nothing not to him or his crew let the street dry out until I lift the band call dirty in Dover sell it all to him. Do as I say Luke hung up.

What they didn't realize is they had all they needed because Luke said so and when he waved his magic hand there was no more left to sell.

Luke stared at his wounded son realizing shit just got real.