20 (Part 1)

He doesn't say a word, his gaze slowly drifting to Genie... A small grin appearing on her face... "I would love to go to the dance with you, Damien!" ...She said yes!? His eyes widen in shock before his lips turn up into a bright smile, the tears... disappearing instantly.

Ugh, I wanted to get some writing done this Saturday. Maybe even work for a few hours on Damien and I's project. Instead... "Do we really have to go shopping for dresses to wear?" Genie complains to Miku, who crosses her arms over her chest and pouts.

As she practically drags Genevieve along to their favorite clothing store in the mall, she lets out a breath before giggling. "Of course we do, bestie! We have to look absolutely perfect to plant the seed of envy in the cheerleading captains' hearts." If they even have any. If they do, they're probably pitch black from all the hate that they have in them.

The older girl lets out a sigh before ruffling the younger's hair. "Okay, fine." Miku flashes a bright smile at her and suddenly gets a thought. We should totally pick out each other's dresses.

"Hmm..." she looks at Genie and slowly grins. Oh, no. What is she th- "I think we should pick out each other's dresses. It'll be fun!" Miku jumps up and down, clapping her hands. "Please?" Genie laughs a little and nods her head, agreeing.

Miku lets out a happy squeal and rushes off towards the dress section, Genie slowly following behind her. She stops when she hears two familiar voices, turning towards the two. She smiles when she sees their faces and turns back around, continuing to walk over to Miku. Guess they went shopping as well.

_______________

The couple walk up to the counter. Shinji takes out his card and proceeds to pay for the clothes while Jacob crosses his arms over his chest, pouting. "Thank you for your purchase and please come again!" the cashier gives a small smile before holding the bag out to the boys. Jake gently grabs it and gives a smile back. Shinji chuckles lightly when he sees his boyfriend's pout. Cute.

"I said I was going to pay, Shin!" the older jokingly glares down at the younger, letting out a small huff. "I'm paying next ti-" Jake's words and movements halt when Shinji takes the hand that isn't holding the shopping bag and brings it up to his lips, kissing each of the knuckles as they both start to walk towards the exit. This boy knows how to shut me up so quick.

"No, I said that I was. Besides, Miku and I's parents both gave us enough to pay for us, you, and Genie, remember?" Shinji glances up at him and raises one of his eyebrows, a sly smirk appearing. "You don't want to hurt my parents' feelings, do you Jay?" Jake's chestnut eyes widen a bit, and he quickly shakes his head.

 "I would never! I absolutely adore Mister and Missus Yamada." Jacob grins. "They raised you, let you come to America to study, and stay at my home the whole time you're here." Shinji's playful smirk disappears and gets replaced by a shy smile. He looks down at his feet, and Jake stops walking.

He takes his hand out of Shinji's before putting his pointer finger under the younger boy's chin, tilting it up to stare into the dark brown eyes that caught his heart from the first day they met. "I love you, Shinji Yamada." The corners of Jacob's mouth lift up into a soft smile as they both get lost in each other's gaze. Those eyes hold the universe... no, not THE universe. MY universe.