5

He stares up at the ceiling for a while, then sighs and closes his eyes. Before drifting off into sleep, he gets a thought. Did I fall for her already?

The alarm clock on the nightstand rings, causing Damien to open his eyes and groan. But I was having the best dream, why? Stupid clock. He rolls over onto his side and turns the blaring alarm off. Yawning and rubbing his eyes, he shuffles across the hall to the bathroom. He splashes water on his face and decides to put his hair up today. I don't have the energy to brush this mop right now. Too tired...

He yawns again and heads back into his bedroom, digging through his closet. Finding a pair of black jeans and a dark grey hoodie, he puts them on and goes down the stairs to the kitchen. He sees his father sitting at their small dining table with a coffee mug in his hands. "Morning, Dad. When did you get home?" Damien asks while grabbing some cereal and pouring himself a bowl. He sits across from him and starts eating the sugary flakes.

Mr. Fox looks up from the table and smiles sleepily at his son before speaking. "Only been back since two in the morning." he yawns and chuckles a bit. "Didn't get much sleep but that's alright, it's nothing coffee can't fix! Amiright?" he takes a long sip of the bitter liquid, letting it warm him up.

I wish he took better care of himself; I don't want to lose him like we lost mom. "Right." Damien smiles back at his father and finishes up his breakfast, putting the dishes in the sink and getting his white trainers off the shoe rack. He quickly gets them on his feet and give his dad a quick hug. "Heading to school now, anything I need to get on the way back home?" he asks, as he's heading to the front door.

"Just some more coffee and whatever you happen to be running low on. Here, this should be enough for everything." Mr. Fox quickly gets up and hands Damien some cash, waving him out of the door with a little smile. Damien gives a smile back and heads out of the door, starting his walk to school.

_______________

"What happened during you and Damien's walk back home last night?" Jake asks, tilting his head and looking over at Genie as they walk down the hall towards Genie's first class. Genie looks up at Jacob and just shrugs. He pouts a little at that and lightly bumps into her shoulder, making her laugh.

"It wasn't eventful or anything, just a walk home." she bumps him back, causing Jacob's pout to turn into a grin. I can't tell him about the hug, he'll freak out for sure and start 'shipping' us together. "The most eventful part was finding out we're neighbors. He lives right across the street, it's kinda crazy that I haven't ran into him before yesterday."

Jake's eyes widen a bit in surprise. "You mean the house that was empty for months?" Genie nods her head. "Wow, small world." he laughs, and they both stop in front of the classroom door. They live across from each other, wow. I 'ship' them even more now. Heehee... "Well, see you at lunch!" he gives her a quick hug and pat on the head before turning around and heading to class.

Genie smiles and opens the door, walking to her desk. She plops down in the chair and gets out her journal and earbuds. She puts them in her ears and puts on some music. I woke up too late this morning to write about the dream I had about HIM; I need to write it down, so I don't forget it. As soon as the pen hits the paper, she recounts what her subconscious had shown her the night before.