14

I like you. "...I don't still have a 'thing' for my ex... yes, I do like someone new." She mumbles... "I like you, Damien." Genie opens her eyes and sees a pair of wide, icy blue ones staring into hers. Why is he looking at me like that?

Wait, did she actually say that she likes me? Am I dreaming? His hand drops from her face. He continues to stare into her light green eyes, amazed at the words. A bright smile forms on his face before he says what he's been wanting to say to her since this morning. 

"I like you, too, Genevieve." His ears start to heat up. He watches as her face turns from one of confusion to one of shock. She puts her hand over her mouth, her eyes widening.

_______________

She looks away, her face turning pink. I said it OUT LOUD!? Wait, wait, wait. He said he likes me too. She looks at Damien, seeing his smile and sparkling blue eyes, one partially covered by his dark hair.

Taking her hand away from her mouth, she slowly reaches it out towards his face and tucks the strands of hair behind his ear. Before she can move her hand back to her side, he lightly grabs her wrist. She stares at him, watching his eyes darken a bit. His smile slowly disappears. He leans down and whispers a question into her ear that makes Genie's heart start to race; her blush turning from pink to red.

_______________

"Genie, can I kiss you?" Damien backs away, letting go of her wrist. He peers down at her now flushed face. She's so beautiful, how could someone let go of her? Oh, well. It's their loss.

A little grin appears on his face when he hears her respond with a small yes. He puts one of his hands on her cheek, the other around her waist. Genie slowly closes her eyes, a small smile showing up.

Damien leans in and kisses her forehead, then her cheek. He hesitates for a bit before he puts his mouth on hers. As soon as their lips meet, it feels like a fire ignites in his chest and he starts to pull away after a few seconds. He's stopped by Genie's arms wrapping around him, pulling him closer. 

_______________

Genie's hands wrap around the back of Damien's neck as their lips meet, her heart fluttering. She feels him start to pull away from the kiss, but she pulls him back in. She feels his lips form into a smile and can't help but to smile as well.

She pulls away and opens her eyes, taking advantage of the time it takes for Damien to open his own by admiring his features. He's so gorgeous, sweet, caring. Her gaze slowly traces every inch of his face as he blinks a few times, his eyes meeting hers. Those eyes kill me every time I see them. Who knew a pair of icy blue eyes could be anything more than cold? His eyes are filled with so much warmth. She stares back as a smile starts to form on her face.

He smiles back and kisses Genie's cheek, causing her to blush. "Should we eat now?" He grabs the snacks that Genie got out and raises his eyebrow. She nods her head and grabs a few from his arms, skipping to the living room. Cute. He chuckles, following behind her.

_______________

"Do you want to watch something?" Genie puts the snacks down on the coffee table and grabs the remote, turning the tv on. She gets a bag of gummies and opens it. She takes one and pops it into her mouth, chewing and swallowing before speaking again. "We can watch whatever you're comfortable with."

Damien nods his head, putting the armful of snacks down where the others are before sitting on the couch and grabbing a bag of chips. He opens it and starts to eat the crisps, a grin appearing. "I'm comfortable with anything except horror. Blood and gore aren't my cup of tea."

Genie grins back before answering. "Okay, then. Tangled it is." He tilts his head as she puts the movie on the screen and sits down next to him, her bag of gummies in her hands. "I love Tangled. It's my favorite Disney movie."

He smiles at her words while looking at the screen. "It's mine too, actually." He glances over at Genie and sees her eyes light up. I wonder what else we have in common. He gently takes her hand into his own and intertwines their fingers, causing a small smile to appear on Genie's face. They both look back at the tv and watch in comfortable silence, Damien quietly humming along to the songs. 

_______________

"And at last, I see the light. And it's like the fog has lifted. And at last, I see the light. And it's like the sky is new. And it's warm and real and bright. And the world has somehow shifted. All at once everything is different. Now that I see you. Now that I see you." Damien looks over at Genie, a bit shocked. Her voice is beautiful, wow.