8

Ester and I have a great day planned for you a week before this school year ends. Just you wait. I'll make sure your new prince sees that pretty little face of yours marred.

As the school day goes on, Genie can't help but to replay what happened in the lunchroom over and over again in her head. Why did Damien come over to help? Why was he so angry? She sighs silently and puts her chin in her right hand while her left is doodling in her journal. Was it because it was me that got tripped? Would he have been just as angry if he saw it happen to somebody else? Her thoughts are interrupted by Miku, who taps her shoulder excitedly. 

"Okay, class. Today we're welcoming a new dancer into our midst. Please give him a warm welcome!" The dance instructor steps aside and reveals none other than Damien, his dark locks falling into his eyes. "This is Damien Fox. Again, please welcome him with open arms and hearts!" A mixture of whispers and dreamy sighs fill the room as Damien smiles. He walks over to a corner of the room and places his bag down, rummaging through it for something. 

_______________

Genie startles a bit when she feels the teacher's hand on her shoulder. "Lovwren, can you show him the basics of the latest choreography? I still have to show others and I know you've already got it down." She pats her on the shoulder and smiles, waiting for an answer.

ME? "O-ok. No problem!" Genie smiles and the teacher gives one last pat on the shoulder before walking away to help the other students. She takes a deep breath and slowly exhales, stepping up to Damien. Well, here goes.

_______________

Damien looks up and grins, tilting his head a bit. "Ello, Genie! Sorry to ask but do you have a hair tie, rubber band, scrunchie? Anything to put this-" He gestures to his messy hair and tries but fails to push it away from his eyes. "Up and outta the way? It would be much appreciated!" 

She nods her head and takes the extra hair band that she keeps on her wrist off, handing it to him. "You can keep it, if you'd like. I have plenty more." She smiles a little as he quickly puts his hair up and stands up, stretching a bit. Stop staring, creep. She blinks rapidly and speaks up. "Oh, uhm. Ms. Lee told me that I should show you how the choreography of this month goes." He looks down at her and nods his head, smile still present. Good lord, he's gorgeous. 

Really? Genevieve Lovwren, most beautiful and caring girl in school, showing me how to dance? "Really? I get to learn from you?" His eyes start to sparkle, his grin widening. "Seems like she trusts you to teach me well." He continues to stare at Genie, rubbing the back of his neck and chuckling a bit. "I'm ready to learn when you're ready to start teaching." 

_______________

After stretching for 15 minutes, Genie stops and gets up. "Okay, ready to learn the basic steps today?" Damien nods his head eagerly, eyes shining. He looks like a puppy, cute. He jumps up and stands beside her, looking at her reflection in the mirror. She smiles back at him and starts dancing. 

He follows her movements perfectly, not missing any steps. Wow, he catches on fast. He even has his own dance style. She stops to get a drink of water and looks at him, tilting her head quizzically. "You're doing so well! Either you're a quick learner, or you've been a dancer for a while. Which is it?" He laughs at her comment before answering. 

"Both, sort of." He grabs his water bottle and takes a few sips before continuing. "Yes, I'm a quick learner when it comes to things like this. I'm not a dancer, really." He looks away and down at the floor, ears turning red. "Most of the dancing I do is in my bedroom, alone." He glances back at Genie.

"I thought it would be fun to join dance class and learn some new things from others, so I signed up. I didn't really believe that I would get accepted, to be honest. I'm already in music class for guitar. Art class for sketching and painting. I thought, 'Why not add another creative art to the mix, amiright?'" He flashes her a smile, earning one back. So pretty, I wish that smile of hers stayed for more than a few seconds.

_______________

"Okay, class! Everyone did amazing work today. Be sure to keep practicing the basics at least a few times a week and by the end of this school year, you will all be the best dancers in the state! I hope to see all of you continue to flourish and bloom into the beautiful flowers that I know for a fact you can become." Ms. Lee says adoringly as the final bell of the day rings. 

Damien quickly packs up his stuff and waves goodbye to Ms. Lee, Genie, and Miku. All three smile back at him as he heads out of the classroom. I hope Miku gives the paper with my number written on it to Genie. She might need it to get a hold of me easier because of the project.

As Genie is packing up her things, she feels a small body jump onto her back. She giggles at Miku's normal, everyday antics and continues gathering her belongings. That is, until Miku says something that catches her by surprise while holding out a folded-up piece of parchment. "Ms. Lee paired everyone up for a duet project. She wanted me to tell you that your partner is Damien."