1

Italics are character's inner thoughts. Thought I would let y'all know that, so it doesn't get super confusing. :)

"Shinji, Jake! Wake up! We're supposed to meet Genie at the cafe in a few minutes!" Miku screams while knocking on both of their bedroom doors. Jeez, why do they have to stay up so late? Shinji's door opens and both of the boys come walking out, rubbing their eyes and yawning.

"Okay, okay we're awake. No need to screech, sis." Shinji laughs at his twin's pouty face, then smiles and gives her a quick hug. "We'll both get ready now."

Jake gives Shinji a kiss on the cheek and heads to his room to change. Miku looks at Jake's door, then back at her brother with a mischievous look on her face. "Shin, you may want to wear a scarf or turtleneck. It's winter, after all." she giggles and heads down the stairs to the living room to wait on the boys.

Shinji looks at his sister and tilts his head, slightly confused. He shrugs it off and goes into his room to get ready. He takes a look in the mirror and then realizes why Miku said what she did. Shoot, I forgot that Jay and I did a little more than play videogames yesterday. Oops. He touches the deep purple blotches on his neck and collarbones and winces a bit. Welp, those will take a while to heal. Oh well. He shrugs again and puts on a pair of white skinny jeans and pulls a light pink turtleneck over his head, making sure that it covers all the spots. He then heads out to check on his boyfriend.

"Hey, Jay! You done?" he slowly opens the door and sees Jake wearing blue jeans and pulling a light blue sweater over his head. Jake turns around and smiles, walking up to the doorway. He plants a kiss on top of Shinji's head and ruffles his hair. Shinji smiles back at him and goes on his tiptoes to kiss Jacob's cheek.

Jake takes Shinji's hand into his own. "Yeah, babe. Let's go before Miku screeches again. I really want to keep my eardrums." he laughs a little and they both walk down the stairs, seeing Miku practically shaking with excitement with her hand already on the front door to open it.

"Come on, let's go! I haven't seen our bestie in forever! I miss her so much!" Miku says, running out of the door and down the sidewalk. The two boys watch her adoringly, giggling at her actions. They eventually catch up to her when she slows down a minute later.

"We saw each other Friday after school. It hasn't been forever, Miku." Shinji teases, earning a glare from his sister. "Hey, that's not to say we didn't miss her as well. Right, babe?" Shinji looks at Jacob, wanting his input as well.

"Yeah, I miss her too. We all usually hang out every day of the weekends, but this weekend Genie said she was going to be busy with a dance choreography that she's been trying to perfect since last week." Not to mention she's still getting bothered by those witches Karol and Ester; I swear if I wasn't a guy, they would have already been beaten up by me, myself, and I. "You know how she gets when she sets her mind to making something perfect." Jake smiles and squeezes Shinji's hand, earning a giggle and squeeze back.

_______________

A few more minutes pass; Miku points at the cafe sign ahead and squeals. "Yay! We're here!" she runs up to the door with the boys following behind. She sees Genie at the counter talking to the barista as her order is being made. She runs up behind her and hops on her back, giggling. Genie laughs as well and looks back, smiling at the little black-haired girl.

"Hey, Miku!" she looks around for Shinji and Jake and sees them walking in a few seconds later, holding hands and laughing while chatting with each other. They're so cute together. "Hey, guys." Genie waves and smiles at both of them as Miku hops off her back.

Once Shinji, Jacob, and Miku have made their orders all four go and sit at a booth near the window. They have a conversation about what Genie was up to on Saturday, which was exactly what Jake said, perfecting a dance choreography. They then start talking and joking with each other while waiting on their orders to be ready.

_______________

A few seconds later someone walks through the doors of the cafe, the bell over the door jingling. A dark-haired boy around their age walks in and smiles at the barista, asking for an Americano. "I'm sorry, it may be a bit of a wait; I still have other drinks to make. Feel free to sit or just wait at the counter, either works." she smiles back at him and goes back to making the other's orders.

"That's okay, ma'am, take your time. I'm not in any hurry." he smiles again and turns around, leaning on the counter. That's when he sees her, and his icy blue eyes go wide. Wow, she's so...beautiful.