[1-4] - FTE #4

I walked around the hallways for a short while.

It was pretty relaxing; the lights shining the hallways, and the clear sight of dawn breaking the sky's darkness.

I was amazed at how pretty this island was.

But... when I think about what we have to do...

...it's disgusting.

Our purpose here is to just... kill people to earn our freedom.

He thinks we're happy about that? I think not.

There's no way nothing like that would happen...

And, since the rules said we'd practically be here all of our lives...

...I can't help but to think.

...

RENJIRO KATO: "Oh, hey there Ruki!"

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "Hey...?"

RENJIRO KATO: "Where did you come from?"

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "The dining hall... Why?"

RENJIRO KATO: "I just finished my shower if you couldn't tell."

That doesn't answer my question.

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "Yeah, I see..."

RENJIRO KATO: "What were you planning to do?"

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "Nothing... What is there to do anyway?"

RENJIRO KATO: "I was thinking of going to explore some rooms I haven't been in yet."

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "You mean we? We have been together all day yesterday."

RENJIRO KATO: "Nuh-uh! After you went back to the cabin, I offered myself to explore a little bit, and I did!"

"I found the voting room, a rec room, shower room, laundromat, and... I believe a library as well."

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "What the fuck...?"

RENJIRO KATO: "There's a lot of stuff everywhere, it's insane. I think he really does expect us to live here our whole lives..."

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "That's not the part I'm worried about, though."

RENJIRO KATO: "What are you talking about? Don't you have anyone to-"

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "That's not important. I'm worried about who might actually be considering killing someone."

RENJIRO KATO: "What's the point in that?! You don't leave either way-"

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "No, you do. Only if everyone else votes for the wrong person in a majority."

RENJIRO KATO: "But... the investigation thing or whatever lasts like 3 days, doesn't it?"

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "That's definitely enough time for everyone to figure out who did it..."

RENJIRO KATO: "Maybe that's the point..."

What?

RENJIRO KATO: "Maybe the man's objective is to kill everyone... but using us to do it."

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "And what's the point of that?"

RENJIRO KATO: "How should I know?!"

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "But, if that was the case, then making us do these 3-day investigations makes sense."

RENJIRO KATO: "Why are they 3 days anyway?"

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "I think these investigations will have phases."

RENJIRO KATO: "Phases...? Explain."

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "I suspect that each day will be something different..."

"Because if we do the same thing for three days, that won't get us any information other than what we learned the first day."

"That's why I think there's going to be a specific part of an investigation saved for each day..."

...

RENJIRO KATO: "Well, you sure are observant..."

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "That's... only if it happens, though. I don't-"

RENJIRO KATO: "But you're speaking as if a murder is going to happen very soon."

!!!

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "What?! What are you-?!"

RENJIRO KATO: "Of course, it's only a hypothesis, but... it's just the way you're making it sound..."

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "I'm not going to do anything!!!"

RENJIRO KATO: "Oh, I know Ruki! You don't seem the type."

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "Ah-?!"

RENJIRO KATO: "It's a hunch I've got, don't worry about it too much. Otherwise, you'll kill yourself."

"Now, I have an idea. Should we go explore the rest of the floor?"

...

HARUKI KISHIMOTO: "U-Uhm... I guess...?"

RENJIRO KATO: "Great! Follow me, Ruki~!"

Great. Now I'll have to be stuck with this... thing all day.