20: [ I LIKE YOU ]

THIRD PERSON POV

"Ahh! I-I don’t have anything to say! Ahh! It hurts, please!” The man tied to a wooden chair groans in pain, blood gushing from his face and body after enduring almost an hour of beating. He was the former in charge of Kim's illegal firearms business.

“What the hell do you mean the shipment got trapped!? Do you know how much money was wasted because of your stupidity?” Kim Byung-hun clenches his teeth, his fist tightly clenched. The previous night's midnight shipment for their illegal firearms business was stolen, leading to significant losses.

“S-sir… there’s someone who was supposed to deliver the stuff, but the delivery got delayed. We found out the truck drivers who were supposed to deliver the items were all dead,” the tied-up man explains, blood streaming down his face and lips.

“Sir, I really didn't do anything! S-sir… Please!” pleads the man, enduring the ongoing beating.

Byung-hun looks at him and then turns to his right-hand man, known to all as his secretary. “Get all the details and meet me in my office,” Byung-hun orders.

“What are we going to do with him, Sir?” Seo asks his boss as he's about to leave the room.

“Kill him,” Byung-hun orders, making his secretary nod before leaving the dark room.

“N-no! I didn’t do anything! Ahhh!” A dreadful scream echoes through the room as the early morning light reveals the brutality.

_______

KIM INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (KIU)

“Lali.”

“Lisa…”

“Lalisa!” Dahyun shouted, making Lisa flinch and look up to see Dahyun and the rest of her friends already watching her during their break.

“Uhmm, why?” Lisa asked Dahyun shyly, prompting giggles and smiles from her friends.

“I wasn’t talking to you; it was Somi. She keeps calling you, so I called you in the most effective way,” Dahyun explained proudly, tapping her chest, which led to Nayeon smacking her head.

“Ouchie! What's wrong with you?” Dahyun complained, rubbing the back of her head.

“What are you even proud of? Your so-called ‘effective’ shout disturbed other students,” Nayeon scolded, noting the attention Dahyun's shout had garnered.

“Enough with that,” Somi intervened, turning her attention to Lisa. “Lisa-yah, what’s wrong? You've been spacing out since this morning, and where were you yesterday? You didn’t come back after you went to help Ms. Kim,” Somi asked, with the others nodding in agreement.

“And Ms. Kim didn’t get to teach us yesterday,” Sana added, joining Archi-4A beside Hanbin. All eyes were on Lisa, waiting for an explanation.

“I, uh… got a lunch invitation with Ms. Park and went with Ms. Kim,” Lisa answered, smiling but secretly hoping Rosé was okay with her lie. However, Lisa's classmates were shocked by this revelation, their eyes widening, and gasps filling the air.

“You mean THE Roseanne Park!?” Dahyun exclaimed in shock, making Lisa flinch.

“Uhm, yes,” Lisa nodded, eliciting another gasp from the group.

“As in the famous model Roseanne Park!?” Daniel asked, covering his mouth in disbelief, as he was also a big fan of Rosé.

“Yes.” An angelic voice spoke, making them all look at the person with wide-open eyes.