4: [ CHANGE OF HEART ]

JENNIE POV

I groan for the third time as I turn off my alarm, feeling lazy to get out of bed. It isn't normal for me to be like this. I usually have the energy to get up early at the first beep of my alarm, but this time I don't, thanks to a lack of sleep. The voice I heard yesterday was the cutest and most attractive voice I've ever encountered in my entire life. That freaking voice kept repeating in my head, driving me crazy.

I groan once again and squint my eyes as the sun hits my face. "Argh! Who opened my curtains?" I say annoyed and sit up in bed. I glance at the nightstand to check the time.

9:27 AM

"Fuck!" I grunt and hurry to stand up, but it only earns me dizziness in my head. Nonetheless, I continue walking towards the bathroom, but to my misfortune, I end up tripping over something I can't identify.

"Fucking hell!" I shout in pain, feeling a stinging sensation in my toes. This morning isn't starting off well for me.

It takes me 20 minutes to hurriedly get ready, and I make my way downstairs to find my parents enjoying their morning meal together.

"Good morning," they chime in unison, greeting me. I simply nod and hum, taking a seat after my father, while the maid immediately serves me food. I don't usually eat breakfast when I'm in my penthouse, but since I'm at my parents' house, I can't leave without having something in my stomach.

"You look like shit, sweetheart," my father comments, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Thanks," I reply without emotion in my voice, busy eating my meal, eager to leave as quickly as possible, aware of my parents' scrutinizing gaze.

"What's the problem this time, sweetheart?" my mother asks, her voice softening. I know it's a question, but when it comes to my mom, it feels more like a command. She asks, and you answer.

I sigh and lean back in my chair. "It's nothing, just still having problems with my architects," I answer, partly true since I am genuinely facing issues with them. However, I would never tell them the real reason behind the eye bags that this concealer is hiding.

I hear my mom sigh, which makes me look at her. "Why don't you accept our proposal? Try a different field this time, sweetheart," she offers, giving me an encouraging smile.

"I have a company to run, Mom," I reply, massaging my temple as a headache starts to form due to the lack of sleep.

"Five months doesn't take forever. You know that. Time nowadays disappears so quickly, and I don't want this opportunity to slip through your hands. They may be students, unlike your professional architects, but remember that they were once in their shoes. Maybe mentoring one of the best can give you what you've been wanting," she says, glancing at her watch. "It's already about 10 am. You still have the rest of the day to think about it. Tomorrow is the start of the second semester. Think about it properly." She comes to my side, giving me a kiss on the head.

"I'll be going first. I have a company to run as well," she says, chuckling, which makes me hum and kiss her cheeks.

"Take care, Mom," I say, and she nods. I hear my dad sigh and stand up too.

"Try to smile sometimes, sweetheart. Your mom longs to see you showing fewer emotions. We know you were sad when your grandma passed away. You know we were too when that happened. We're still here, you know that," he says, coming to my side and patting my shoulder. "I love you, my child. Take your time; we're always here for you," he adds, and I nod.

"Thank you, Dad," I say, and he hums, bidding me goodbye after I tell him to take care. I sigh and finish my meal before heading to work.

I notice the shocked expressions on my employees' faces as I walk past them. Yes, it's their first time seeing me arrive at the company late. But who cares? I'm the CEO of this company. The employees greet me, but I keep my face blank, ignoring them as I stride straight to my office.