15: [ AESTHETIC OVER PRACTICALITY ]

THIRD PERSON POV

"Ms. Cho, have you seen Mom and Dad?" Jennie asked when she entered the dining table, noticing that her parents weren't there.

"They left an hour ago, Ms. Kim," their female butler answered as she bowed her head. Jennie looked at her watch, and it was still quarter to 8.

"Wasn't that too early?" Jennie asked as she glanced back at her.

"I apologize, Ms. Kim, but Madam Kim and Master Kim left in a hurry and didn't leave a message," she answered, making Jennie squint her eyes and nod.

"Alright, I'm leaving now as well. You don't need to prepare breakfast," Jennie informed and left the house, driving her own car. Her mother had actually hired a driver, but Jennie refused it since running her company on her own made her feel self-reliant.

The drive to her company took about 20 minutes before she parked her car in a lot exclusively reserved for her. Entering her company after a week away was a bit strange, and more surprises awaited her as she stepped inside. The atmosphere was different; everyone seemed restless. Murmurs filled the air as employees discussed something, and no one noticed her presence immediately.

"Does my company now double as a news center?" Jennie asked, causing everyone to halt and turn their heads. They immediately bowed as they recognized their CEO.

"Good morning, CEO Kim," everyone greeted while bowing their heads. Jennie walked past one of her employees, ignoring their chatter. She could already feel her secretary following closely as she greeted the employees she had initially ignored.

"Good morning, CEO Kim," Miyeon greeted as she entered the elevator and stood beside her. Jennie simply nodded in response and glanced at her wristwatch.

As the elevator ascended, Jennie inquired about her schedule, which her secretary had informed her was full for the day. When they both exited the elevator, Jennie sensed her employees' uneasy greetings as they headed to her office, piquing her curiosity about their behavior.

Jennie placed her bag on her desk and looked at her secretary. "Tell me what's going on inside my company right now, Miyeon-ssi."

"I think it's because of the news, CEO Kim." Miyeon asked, causing Jennie to squint her eyes in confusion as she crossed her arms.

"What news?" she inquired.

"Here," Miyeon said, handing her an iPad with an article.

[Wu Company Faces Bankruptcy and CEO Resignation Amid Ties to Kim Corporation]

[Financial Crisis Hits Wu Company as CEO Departs Over Kim Corporation Links]

[Corporate Turmoil: Wu Company's Bankruptcy Saga Linked to Kim Corporation]

What!? Jennie thought after reading the hot title of articles.

"Open the TV screen," Jennie ordered right away, following it up by turning on the TV screen, where the breaking news was still unfolding.

" [ In a stunning turn of events this early morning, Wu Company, a prominent player in the South Korean business landscape, has filed for bankruptcy amid its involvement as one of the key investor in Kim Corporation, the nation's leading corporate giant.