8: [ MEDIOCRE ISN'T IN MY VOCABULARY]

THIRD PERSON POV

Lisa was so shocked by the proximity of her professor. More like her scary professor.  Jennie stared back at her with an unreadable expression, making Lisa heart raced as if attempting to flee to her body.

What is she doing here beside me?

“You… what are you doing here?” Lisa stuttered in shock. Wait… what kind of question that was? Lisa asked herself and face palm realizing what she had asked.

"Why am I not allowed to be here, Ms. Manoban?" Jennie replied, posing her own question.

“Ms. Kim…” Lisa managed to utter, her throat suddenly dry when Jennie arched an eyebrow.

Whoa, Ms. Kim is really scary and her eyes looks like my baby Lego. Lisa thought. By this closer look she could see their eyes resemblance.

“You’re staring quite intently,” Jennie’s cold voice made her flinch. Embarrassment surged, heating up her face like a furnace.

“I-I apologize,” Lisa stammered, desperately wanted to escape this awkward situation.

“What are you apologizing for?" Jennie inquired once more, making Lisa nearly jump out in the couch.
Why is she so cold?

“F-for… uhmm looking too---,” Lisa was still talking but Jennie cut her off.

“So, you were checking me out. Well, I do know I have an appealing presence," Jennie’s words sent shockwaves through Lisa, and she hurriedly waved my hand.

"N-no, Ms. Kim, it's not---," attempted to explain but she was interrupted again. 

"No!?” Jennie cut her off looking at her in disbelief. The audacity of this person.

“So, you’re implying that you don't find me attractive?" Her interruption was icy, her gaze drilling into Lisa, causing the Lisa to freeze in her place.

What? I didn’t even say that. Lisa whine inside her head looking at her professor nervously.

But Jennie just roll her eyes trying to stop her herself from urging to pinch Lisa’s cheek because of the cuteness look of her shock face.

"Tsk. Never mind. I’ll leave now because I feel like I’m starving already after reading that book," she said, shooting Lisa a glare before standing up. Lisa noticed that she was still clutching onto her backpack. Lisa blinked several times, contemplating whether she should remind her and ask for it back.

As Jennie began walking toward the door, Lisa clutched on her book tightly, summoning all her courage. "Ms. Kim!" She called out, her voice more of a shout, causing Jennie to flinch and glance back at her with a glare.

"What!" Jennie’s voice was as cold as ever, sending shivers down to Lisa’s spine. Clutching to the backpack tightly, as she waited for Lisa’s response.

"M-my backpack," Lisa stammered, wincing at her own nervousness, while pointing at her bag.

Jennie followed her gaze, her eyes growing even icier as realization dawned. Oh shit! Why am I still hugging this!? Jennie cursed at her self silently. She can’t be this stupid in front of her student right?

Jennie marched over to Lisa, wordlessly handing back Lisa’s bag, her expression stern. Jennie seemed about to leave, “And one more thing, Ms. Manoban…” she glanced back at Lisa with a blank look.

“… Tie your shoelaces," Jennie commanded took Lisa by surprise, and she looked at her with confusion. Jennie raised an eyebrow, gesturing to Lisa’s undone shoelaces. Lisa glanced down, realizing Jennie was right making her blink multiple time.