11: [ I CAN'T COOK ]

THIRD PERSON POV

Lisa nervously gulped after the two told her to shut up, causing her to stand stiffly while observing her sister and her professor holding hands and exchanging glances for minutes. Her heart raced as she noticed the tension between the both of them.

What is she doing here? Jennie asked herself while looking intently at Irene.

So this is the Ms. Kim that my sister has been talking about. Irene thought, but she suddenly gritted her teeth as Jennie gripped her hand. What the fuck is wrong with her!? she thought in disbelief as she mirrored the gesture making Jennie wince silently.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ms. Kim," Irene spoke again, her tone icy, sending shivers down Lisa’s spine. Jennie mentally scoffed, trying to stop herself from rolling her eyes.

"Likewise, Dr. Bae," Jennie's response matched the coldness of the person in front of her, leaving Lisa frozen by their demeanor. Her heart pounded as she watched the both of them. Lisa understood why her sister was upset, but she couldn't explain why her professor's demeanor had changed for just a minute.

Without breaking their gaze, they released each other's hands, acting as if their hands weren't aching at all. Irene's gaze turned to her sister, her expression tired yet stern – the same look she gave when Lisa had done something wrong.

“I don’t recall you needing someone else to bring you home, Lalisa,” Irene’s words made Lisa gulp.

Did she just call me just someone else? Jennie thought that made her eyes squint in disbelief. Before Lisa could respond, Jennie spoke up.

"I don't see an issue with a professor ensuring her safety by driving her home, Dr. Bae, and not just someone else,” Jennie’s detached tone further unsettles Lisa.

Can’t she be thankful? What’s her problem with me anyway? Jennie thought while glaring inside her head.

"No issues, Ms. Kim. In fact, I appreciate a professor looking out for her safety. However, I can't say the same about her arriving home this late," Irene retorted, wearing her fakest smile. Her sister's professor was trying to intimidate her, but she wouldn't back down on her own.

"She's safe, Dr. Bae," Jennie asserted. Couldn't she see that Ms. Manoban was safe? Did I look like a killer who could harm someone!?

Then the two stayed silent once again, making Irene sigh and look at her sister, who gave her an apologetic and sheepish smile, causing her to return her gaze to the professor.

“Then I'm grateful for that," her tone softened, thinking that she had been rude in the first place and was too tired to continue being cold towards this person. Lisa then heard her sister's change of tone, causing a smile to form on her face.

"Thank you for taking the time to see her safely home, Ms. Kim. I apologize for my actions earlier. I know it's late, but I wanted to offer you dinner as a thank you for escorting Lalisa home." Irene's gratitude sounded genuine, and upon hearing her tone, Lisa sighed in relief and smiled widely, hooking her arm onto her sister's.

Lisa then looked back at her professor but suddenly flinched when Jennie glared at her.

"It's fine, and there's no need for that since I need to go now. I just escorted Ms. Manoban and will be leaving. I still have a lot of things to do," Jennie said coldly, glaring at their closeness. Why can't she just stand at a distance? Tsk.

"Alright then, I won't keep you any longer. Have a nice evening, Professor Kim," Irene said, trying to understand if the person she was speaking to really had anger issues.