Amnesia (Alternative plot)

Thomas Marvolo Riddle

I slowly peel open my eyes, and instantly shut them again, as bright lights hit me. I have no idea where I am, or who I am. I stay lying down with my eyes shut, face scrunched in confusion, as I try to recall anything that led me to this place, but my mind remains blank.

I huff in frustration, before opening my eyes again, this tome more prepared for the blinding lights. When my eyes adjust, I realise that the ceiling is white. I slowly sit up, struggling a little, but manage in the end. The rest of the room is all white and..."I'm in hospital?" I mutter to myself, confused.

I try to figure out why I'm here, but again nothing. I look around my bed, until I find an emergency button. I press it, and instantly cover my ears as an alarm blares throughout the ward. 3 doctors rush in, and over to me, beginning to check my vitals.

"Please, doctors, I'm fine. I just need answers" I inform them, trying to calm them down. "And is there no way to stop that infernal alarm?" I ask, my annoyance shining through. One of the doctors resets the alarm, and I can remove my hands from my ears.

"Right. I don't know what's wrong, bit I can't recall any memories from before I got here, I don't even know who I am!" I tell them, exasperatedly. The doctors share a worried glance, before one of them quickly writes something down. "We don't want you to panic Tom, but we need to explain something important.

******

So it turns out, my name is Tom Marvolo Riddle. I'm 22, and I had a car accident. I had internal bleeding, along with a broken leg. Now, I apparently have retrograde amnesia, meaning that I cannot recall any past memories. Anything before I woke up is lost, but hopefully this amnesia is temporary.

I can be discharged later today, once they get results from the last examinations they did, and apparently my brother Mattheo Riddle is coming to collect me. Given that I have this issue, I am forced to trust these doctors. I only hope that they are able to cure me.

*****

At 5pm, my brother arrives, and I'm discharged from the hospital. When I see him, I'm about 80 percent sure he's my sibling, because of his looks. I keep conversation with him to a minimum until we get home, to avoid the awkwardness of not being able to remember him.

He drives us to a huge manor, that we apparently inherited from our father. He says that once I've settled in, he will fill in any gaps for me about my life, to which I nod, as we walk onto 'our' home. Mattheo leads me into the living room, and offers me a drink.

We sit opposite each other, and he slowly sips his drink, but I down mine all at once. He chuckles slightly, but doesn't say anything. Then a look of realisation crosses his face. "I'll be right back" he mutters, and runs upstairs, leaving me confused.

*****

Mattheo basically told me everything. Most of it was understandable, some things I didn't get. One thing that shocked me was how he said that I had a girlfriend, after explaining my personality. When I asked him where she was now, he told me she cheated on me.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Mattheo told me I treated her well, so why? Why would she betray me like that? The answer to that, I'd only get from Y/n herself. I vowed that once they discharged me, I'd seek her out and ask her in person.

*****

After the doctors ran their last tests, and I signed the discharge papers, Mattheo helped take me home.