28: The Other Woman

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Jennie had invited (Y/N) over, insisting that she needed company and help with her assignment although she was a senior while the latter was a junior. The jock had brought her violin and made herself comfortable on the cheerleader's bed, playing a soft tune.

"Do you play?"

Jennie's eyes wandered from the assignment, glancing at (Y/N)'s eyes before darting them off to the direction where the jock was looking, the pair of eyes glued on a piano in the corner of the room.

"A little." responded Jennie with a small laugh. "I only learned it to impress someone."

Jennie layed on her stomach, cupping her own face with her hands as she looked up at the jock that was listening intently. She could feel herself smile fondly.

"Ah Lisa, I'm tired already! Let's go back!" whined a middle-school Jennie, trying to drag her best friend out of the ruddy studio, her stomach begging for some ice cream after a long day of practice.

"My crush is playing!" huffed Lisa. She was much taller so her best friend looked like a chipmunk trying to drag a giraffe. Jennie let out a sigh of defeat and averted her attention onto the stage, a few musicians with their instruments.

There was a large piano in the middle of the stage, along with an accompanist, a violin player. The girl looked rather nervous fidgeted quite often. But once the pianist played the intro and her part began, her whole aura changed.

Jennie felt all the air leave her lungs as she watched the once shy girl suddenly play with all the passion. Jennie wasn't even fond of classical music... but God, was she moved. Suddenly, she wanted this. Who cared about rapping?

She could see the pair exchange glances every once in a while, a grin on their faces as they played. She wanted this. She wanted this connection. She wanted to feel this for herself. She wanted to play alongside the girl that played with a burning passion, a hungry desire that wanted to show off to everyone.

Then, it stopped. And the violinist bowed and smiled shyly.

"It didn't work. But I still found a passion for it." shrugged Jennie nonchalantly.

"Well, consider me impressed. I love pianists." commented (Y/N) absent-mindedly as she tuned her violin again.

I know you do.

"They must've been an idiot." stated (Y/N) reasonably.

"If you say so," hummed Jennie with a small gummy smile.

She was unable to take her eyes off the self-proclaimed idiot.

She watched as (Y/N) picked up her phone and looked down at it, her features suddenly hardening, her eyebrows furrowing.

"What's up?"

"Hermione's getting mad at me for being here."

h: what the fuck are you doing there?

we're just hanging out jeez

h: and who the fuck gave u permission???

i need permission to hangout with my friends?

h: how would u like it if I hangout with Roger Davies rn since he's a friend?

ure being fucking unreasonable lmao we know that u dont like him

h: r u sure abt that?

whatever fuck off granger

h: fuck you too asshole have fun fucking ur girlfriend

*blocked*

(Y/N) allowed her phone to fall onto the mattress, unaware that the cheerleader was paying attention to her. "You okay?" questioned a now worried Jennie as she sat upright, her tone as soft as her cat eyes.

"It's just— agh, Hermione's not really soft spoken when it comes to arguments." the jock laughed it off.

This wasn't something new. They'd argue over something stupid, call eachother names, block eachother, then boom makeout. She was aware that it was toxic.

Jennie looked at the jock, her features softening as she felt her heartstrings being pulled.

Is it so bad to want something that's claimed?

(Y/N) looked up from the mattress when she felt a hand cupping her jaw, instantly being met with Jennie's sympathetic face. Holy fuck? She's just comforting you, and she's touchy, this is okay, there's nothing going on! But she soon felt herself backing up till her back hits the bed's headboard. Jennie's eyes were hooded, her lips quivering as though she was nervous. Holy shit. Holy fuck. What the fuck???

(Y/N)'s eyes blew when she saw the cheerleader's eyes flickering down onto her lips, her eyes begging for some consent but the fucker was too dense to notice.

"Ah," Jennie laughed quietly as her head fell onto (Y/N)'s collarbone.

Can I say that I can treat you better?

Would you let me?

I knew you first.

I should've had you first.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-