22: Slipping Through My Fingers

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Hermione stepped into (Y/N)'s bedroom, eyes blowing in excitement when she saw the bathroom door open. She shimmied her backpack off her shoulder and carefully made her way to the other end of the room, not wanting to disrupt the distressed latter.

She stepped foot into the bathroom to find (Y/N) taking a bath, she cursed the curtain for blocking her view. "Are you okay, baby?" queried Hermione softly, unable to fight off her sad frown.

"Yeah."

The cheerleader was surprised at the response. She was about to leave the bathroom, right until she heard a quiet sniffle, one that shattered her whole heart. And with that, she discarded all her clothing, throwing them to the bathroom floor.

(Y/N) had her eyes closed, hugging her knees to her chest while the comforting warm water surrounded her whole. That was until she heard a sudden movement, and before she could open her mouth and react, the cheerleader had welcomed herself in the tub and settled herself behind her. Hermione's arms snaked their way around the latter's waist, pulling her in till her back rested against her chest, skin against skin.

"I said I'm fine, Hermione. There's no need to baby me." groaned an embarassed (Y/N), her body instinctively melting into the embrace. The latter rested her chin on her collarbone, she could feel the hot minty breath against her neck.

"Why won't you let me take care of you?" murmured Hermione, letting out a quiet huff of complaint. "You don't have to do this to yourself, why struggle alone? Drag me with you. Misery loves company."

"You're really selfless, you know that, Hermione?"

Hermione was supposed to be comforting (Y/N), but she felt her own self break down at that sentence. She lowered her head, resting it against the latter's back. She let out a light laugh as a tear dropped down to the bathtub's water.

"Right now, I've never felt so selfish in my entire life." confessed Hermione, laughing lightly to mask her sobs that were threatening to come out. She heard the latter give a mere hum before melting into her embrace.

Hermione's hands on (Y/N)'s waist begin to tremble as she recalled Jennie's confrontation.

Miss Little Perfect was used to getting everything that she wanted. And she felt as though the world was depriving her of her everything, her everything being the junior in her arms.

It hurt.

She had everything in her arms.

She had a promised future from (Y/N).

What more could she ask for?

"Hey, I'm here." murmured (Y/N) in a gentle tone, intertwining her hands with the cheerleader's trembling pair.

You're right here

Hermione couldn't fight off her tears, a sniffle leaving her lips.

So why do you feel so far away from me?

You're in my grasp, so why does it feel like I can't hold onto you?

"Enough of our emo era." spoke (Y/N) enthusiastically, trying to lighten up the mood. "C'mon, Granger." she said as she got up and wrapped a towel around herself. The latter gave a groan of complaint, too lazy to get out of the warm bathtub.

"(Y/N)!" giggled Hermione as the jock picked her up bridal style, the corners of her eyes crinkling fondly as (Y/N) carried her out of the bathroom with complete ease.

"You're so light, Hermione." commented (Y/N) with a small frown. The girl felt as light as a feather in her arms, she began to wonder if the latter was eating properly.

"I'm tired," murmured Hermione, genuinely feeling too exhausted for no reason. "Dress me up."

"Yes, Ma'am." snickered (Y/N)

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

off topic but i love ABBA