23: Seasons Change

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Hermione fluttered her eyes open, (Y/N)'s relaxed and fast asleep face greeting her. She couldn't help but fondly let out a light laugh at the sight, her hand trailing their way to the latter's face, brushing her fingers against the smooth skin.

She prayed for her upcoming days, months, and years to be like this. She couldn't imagine herself waking up without this dumbass snoring beside her.

(Y/N) groaned awake as Hermione shifted their position to press a kiss on the latter's lips. "Don't kiss me, my lips are dry." huffed (Y/N). "Winter dries the shit out of me." she complained.

"I love you in the dead of winter," kiss.

"In the heat of summer." kiss.

"In the fall of Spring." kiss.

The junior laughed at each kiss, she thought that she wouldn't mind waking up early if this was her alarm. "And you have the audacity to call me corny."

"Rhymes with horny. Which describes you whole." countered Hermione with a playful roll of her eyes.

"Touché, Granger." grinned (Y/N). "I'm surprised you aren't nagging me to get ready for school." she brought up suddenly.

Hermione paused for a moment, calculating her thoughts. "I figured we should skip today. Go for a drive or something.."

"Omg? Who are you and what have you done with Hermione?"

"We just haven't got to spend alot of time with eachother!" huffed Hermione defensively.

"You totally haven't basically moved into my bedroom ever since we got back from the trip."

Hermione groaned. She couldn't believe she was getting teased before the sun was even up. Her fingers lingered on (Y/N)'s face, caressing the smooth skin ever so gently.

"There's so much I want to do." spoke Hermione softly. She trailed her hand to the latter's hair, smiling as (Y/N)'s eyes fluttered close at the feeling of the cheerleader's hand fiddling and playing with her hair.

"Like?" murmured (Y/N) as she relaxed into the embrace.

"Hmm.." Hermione paused to think. "Skip college for once by my own choice. Maybe get contact lenses cause the case for my glasses is too big for my tiny coquette-y bags. Ride a bike. Eat tons of sweets. I wanna get started today, so let's skip!"

"Wow," laughed (Y/N), fluttering her eyes open to look at the freckled-face. "I wasn't expecting that. I thought you'd say stuff like.. travel to the Bahamas, start some campaign, invest in something. You know, big but boring stuff."

"Also, what's the rush, princess? We got all the time in the world to do everything that you want."

Hermione's lips curled up to a gentle smile, a hint of bittersweetness tingling her senses. "We?" she repeated, sounding a tad bit uncertain.

"We!" affirmed (Y/N) enthusiastically. "You're stuck, Granger. You brought this to yourself. You can't get rid of me, you'd have to fly with lightspeed to another dimension. Or get sucked into a blackhole."

Hermione was heart eyes for this loser?

"Ugh.." groaned Hermione in attempt to sound annoyed, trying to fake it till she makes it. "Whatever, loser. Let's go."

...

"Are you kidnapping me?"

Hermione had allowed the jock to drive her wherever, feeling far too burnt out to force herself to focus on the road for more than five minutes. They drove for half an hour in comfortable silence, merely enjoying the view of the sun rising to greet them.

Finally, (Y/N) announced that they reached their destination and hopped out of the car. Hermione took in the large and rather empty field that surrounded them, she could've easily mistaken it for a football field if there were some bleachers around it.

"This is my land." explained (Y/N). "My mom bought it for me ever since I moved here. She wants me to find an architect to start planning out the design that I want, I haven't even looked for inspirations yet."

"No more than three floors, (Y/N)! I don't trust you with my future grandbabies!" (Y/N) quoted, trying to immitate her mother's scolding voice. She earned a fond laugh from Hermione.

"Grandbabies, huh?" smiled Hermione teasingly, the junior's face flushing a tad bit. "I agree with your mom. And about the design, I think I should get the say."

(Y/N)'s heart skipped multiple beats.

"Hmmm?" hummed (Y/N) curiously, but she couldn't hide her excited grin. "You want a say in this, Granger?"

"Happy wife, happy life. Right, baby?"

Hermione was surprised at her own boldness. "Of course." laughed (Y/N), the corners of her eyes crinkling, stars in her vision as she looked down at the sweet honey-brown pair.

"I like this area. It's really pretty during winter. I love winter." spoke (Y/N), averting her eyes to their surrounding.

"Really?" replied Hermione, her eyes still on the taller girl. She wasn't fond of winter, she cursed it for always turning her into a tomato.

"I don't think you should," claimed Hermione with a slight scrunch of her nose. "I think you should pick another season. Winter's dull, pale, and it's the shortest season... it leaves the fastest."

"Well, I guess I could chase it." affirmed (Y/N) with a stubborn huff.

Hermione laughed at the junior's stubborness, her gazing eyes sparkling fondly at the latter.

"Don't fall in love with winter, baby."

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-