24: Seperate Struggles

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

(Y/N) woke up the next day, the spot next to her quite empty. She grunted as she reached for her cellphone on the bedside table, cursing at it when the full brightness hit her. She scrolled through the dozens of notifications, searching just for one.

Finally, she found one from her lover. She pressed it and was met with several voice mails in their IG chat.

"Goodmorning, baby. I had to leave early today to run some errands, but I'll come back soon, alright?"

"Get your lazyass up and prepare for yourself a proper breakfast. Emphasis on proper, don't even think about those chocolate bars that your fridge is overflowing from."

"I love you, baby."

(Y/N) was surprised at the words, but they were definitely welcomed. She grew a tad bit confused at how much sweeter Hermione was towards her now, and how open she was with her words, words that Hermione herself would call cringe and corny if (Y/N) ever said them to her.

"Another day, (Y/N)." sighed the junior. God, was this fucker really exhausted just after waking up?

The jock got up from the bed and plopped her phone on the bedside table.

She tried not to open the drawer and search for her pills.

"No Hermione, no boring classical music." (Y/N) spoke as she picked up her phone once again, her free hand trailing down to the JBL speaker, pressing the bluetooth button to connect her phone and blast her playlist.

She hummed the tune as she made her way to the bathroom. She picked up her brush and toothpaste, and began to brush her teeth.

She tried to ignore the razor that sshe felt as though was gawking at her from the corner of her eye.

(Y/N) washed her face and put on moisturizer before heading downstairs to the kitchen. She should listen to her lover and have a proper breakfast, although chocolate bars never sounded more appetizing. She could settle for a good sandwich though.

She tried to ignore the knives sitting on the kitchen counter.

It's a random Sunday without any company. And at quiet, non-chaotic moments like this, she finds herself in dismay, slowly sinking back.. the harsh and bitter reality in her snaps inside.

(Y/N) recalled her first assignment in middle-school; What do you aspire to achieve this year?

I don't know, assholes. Get through it, maybe? Since when were assignments personal anyway?

The junior tried to avert her focus back on her sandwich.

Perhaps she could raise the volume of the speaker, drown the defeaning thoughts in her head with music.

Ah, tomatoes! The shade of my wrist matches your tone. God, I'm funny.

Okay, maybe that didn't work too well. It's okay, all she had to do was wait for her lover and she'll feel at ease again.

Maybe she could watch romcom movies and cringe at the terrible plot. Or perhaps call up her friends and do stupid shit together. But all those activities that she once enjoyed just sounded draining to her.

(Y/N) was a nepo baby, privileged, smart, and had one hell of a babe as a girlfriend. She had friends, money, and a future ahead of her. So she had no right to feel this way, right? Her life was basically perfect.

Maybe she just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

...

"Hermione, as much as I love shopping, I'd much prefer shopping for stuff like clothes. Not stationary." groaned Ginny in complaint after following her best friend around the mall for several hours. "Since when were you an Arts and Crafts girl anyway?"

"I'm not." claimed Hermione, her eyes scanning through the many shades of pastel markers. "I got (Y/N) the Read Me When You Need Me book, I wanna make it cute like the ones I saw on tiktok." she explained.

Ginny paused for a moment, eyeing the other cheerleader with worry crossed over her face.

"Could you carry this? It's heavy." Hermione scrunched her face in annoyance, acting as though a few color pen and markers set weighed 70 kilos. "Let's go, I might fall asleep if my eyes shut close for more than a milisecond."

"Finally." replied Ginny, trying to mask off her recent expression with an enthusiastic one. "Let's pay." she said as she walked to the counter.

"Agh, slow down, will you?" huffed Hermione, holding onto the ginger's arm so they could go at her pace. "You know your legs are longer than mine." she added defensively.

"Just say that you're short."

"At least I'm not ginger, Ed Sheeran's sister."

"Ow, touché."

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-