Arc 2: Noble City XIS: Aftermath I

Start from the beginning

She remained speechless but in awe in those moments.

She felt the agony of the dark dragon as well as the imperial wyverns who were wall-consumed by the flames.

It was a horrible end for the enemy.

It was satisfying since they were responsible for instigating a lot of events that ended in a lot of deaths.

Yet in all of that, the draconian woman was exhausted and her mind was still not at ease as there were more things to take care of.

Let alone checking the Flame Dragon's current state, and then something more important to begin with.

Then she felt her two companions gently placing their snouts on her shoulders.

She looked at them with a surprised expression.

They were indeed comforting her and showing their support.

She didn't understand it at first, but along the way, she began to realize what they meant.

After that...A small tear fell from her eye.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was a miracle that she was able to escape.

She felt their presence even before they emerged from the clouds.

The Flame Dragon had to let go of the enemy as soon as she saw the flaming iron that was summoned by the Iron Eagles themselves.

A huge powerful shockwave emerged after the bright light.

Despite the serious injuries she had sustained and her rapidly dwindling strength, she summoned every last ounce of willpower and determination to unfurl her magnificent wings and take flight, managing to soar a few precious distances away from the epicenter of the massive shock wave that had just been unleashed.

It was able to catch with her which accelerated her flight and found herself crashing towards the ground, though in a safer way.

By then, she observed the destruction and the complete demise of the corrupted enemy.

The inhuman scream echoed throughout the land.

She wondered if the battle was over...

If this was it.

She did everything in her power to keep the enemy at bay so it wouldn't spread its destruction across the remaining districts of the city.

Yet despite all that...Were her efforts in vain?

Did she even succeed?

In the midst of that, she felt something that touched her and she looked to her right and saw a familiar little dragon.

Little Foot gave a small growl as he leaned on his mother.

In quick response, the red dragon pulled her offspring into a huge embrace.

She missed him so much and vice versa.

Finally, mother and son were reunited... properly.

Amidst this surprising event, citizens from across the city witnessed the incredible but mysterious appearance of the iron eagles.

The most captivating moment was when the sky was illuminated by a colossal and vibrant display of flames, followed by a powerful gust of wind that made everything sway.

The crowds at the Western Gates were placed in a situation where they had to halt their tracks and watch it.

The entourage which consisted of Team Shino, Tomita, and the rest of the troupe, all saw it as they escaped the main battlegrounds.