The waiting room felt both vast and suffocating, he glanced around at the few others who were also sitting in the waiting room, their faces mirroring the same blend of anxiety and hope that he felt.

After a few hours, a nurse approached Jungkook with a warm blanket, saying, "You should at least be comfortable while you wait."

Grateful for the small gesture, Jungkook accepted the blanket, wrapping it around herself. The nurse offered a kind smile before continuing her rounds.

Throughout the long night, Jungkook sat in the waiting room, the uncomfortable chair seemed inconsequential compared to the anticipation that filled the air.

Occasionally, he dozed off.

The next day......

Jungkook woke up in the same position that he slept in, he sighed and   stretched his arms.

After sometime, Taemin and Hye-joon also came to the hospital and then they sat in the waiting room with Jungkook.

After 3 hours, a doctor approached them and told them about Taehyung's progress.

"Mr. Kim's progress is good, and if everything continues as expected, we might be able to shift him to a room later today."

Relief washed over them like a gentle tide. Jungkook felt the tension in his shoulders ease, replaced by a cautious optimism.

As the doctor left, Taemin turned to Jungkook, "Eomma, do you want to eat something? You've been here all night."

Jungkook, however, shook his head, "I don't have an appetite," he said.

Taemin then suggested, "Maybe just a cup of coffee, Eomma?"

Jungkook thought for sometime and then nodded,"Alright" he conceded, "a cup of coffee would be good."

Taemin went to the cafeteria and got Jungkook a cup of coffee.

In the evening.......

In the hospital room, the hum of medical equipment and the subdued lighting created a serene atmosphere. As Taehyung was gently shifted into the room, the doctors' reassurance echoed in Jungkook's mind—they could finally be with him.

The room, felt like a sanctuary compared to the suffocating environment of the ICU.