Chapter 20

"Continue" he said, lifting his brows slowly to glare at the two.

He was staring daggers, and they could feel the chills on their skins as the shock seeped deeper.

Rosy swallowed hard again, feeling f**king embarrassed as Roman gently helped her down from the table, and immediately her feet touched the ground, Liam stood from the couch.

"You said you were going to be at Kendra's" Roman said carefully.

"I don't wanna talk to you!" Liam shot and threw the popcorn bowl away.

The popcorn scattered on the ground, and he started rushing up the stairs.

"Liam!" Roman called after him, but he never looked back.

"Damnit, I never wanted him to find out this way. This is gonna hurt him so bad" Rosy said fearfully, and Roman gave her an assuring stroke on her hair.

"He'd be fine" he said, and she sighed.

He noticed he left his phone on the couch so he went for it, and his eyes widened when he saw his chat with Kendra.

KENDRA: What's up Liam? Aren't you coming anymore? Mum made us chocolate cake to watch the movie with.

LIAM: I dunno, I'm tired.

KENDRA: Tired? Liam Are you sick?

LIAM: Maybe, my mouth is bitter and I'm running a slightly high temperature.

KENDRA: Tell the maids fast!

LIAM: I don't like them

KENDRA: Then call your dad!

The chat ended there, and when Rosy came closer to check what he's reading, he quickly turned off the screen.

"What's wrong?" She asked, and he covered up with a smile.

"Nothing, you need to go home and rest now, I'll...

"Go home and rest when Liam is mad about what he saw? No Roman, I can't...

"Shh, don't you trust me? He'd come around. I'll handle him" he said, and she looked into his eyes.

"Trust me, please just go home and relax, then we can talk about this tommorow" he said, and she nodded.

He planted a deep kiss on the top of her head, and he took her to the door, carrying her bag and phones from where they fell earlier.

He led her out of the house and she faced him.

"Are you really sure he'd be fine?" I can just...

"Please listen to me this once, stop worrying mama" he said, taking off his suit.

He covered her with it and opened the car door for her.

She got in, and he gave her her bag, then the driver rushed over.

"Drive slowly, no mistakes" he told him.

"Yes sir" the man bowed shortly and got in with her, driving out of the mansion.

Roman sighed, feeling slightly relieved.

At least, she's unaware of Liam's sickness, that'd save her from worrying too much.

He went back in and climbed the stairs straight.

He opened the door to Liam's room and found him sitting on the bed, crying slowly.

"Liam!" He rushed to the bed, but before he could get to him, Liam got down from the bed.

"You promised to introduce me to my mum this week and you made out with Mrs. Smart? What do you want my mum to think when she arrives? I hate when you get close to other women dad and doing that with Mrs. Smart will make me hate her!" He shouted tearfully.