Chapter 9

"Baby mama" he repeated, and she turned her face away from him.

"You should probably add cheap" she muttered, and he stopped smiling immediately.

"What was...

"You called me cheap back then" she cut him off before facing him again.

Roman's lips felt glued, he couldn't say any more word as he stared at her.

No other sound around, just the soothing sound of the falling rain on the umbrella he's holding.

It was all awkward till Iris came out of where Rosy hid her in.

"Mummy" she called, and that brought them back.

"Iris" she walked to her and carried her.

Roman opened the gate for her, and she went in with him.

"Mrs. Smart?" Liam said when they got to the door. He was already waiting .

"Liam" Rosy smiled immediately just by seeing him.

She felt the urge to drop Iris and go hug him, but she had to hold herself back.

Very soon, she'd be able to embrace him warmly, and when that day comes, she won't let go of him even after hours.

"Why is she here?" Liam faced Roman who's currently folding the umbrella.

"It's about the company, don't overthink" he replied, and Liam faced Rosy again.

"She's the kid who almost got kidnapped. Now I have a better view of her, she's cute" he said, and Iris smiled.

"Thanks for calling me cute"

They eventually went in, and Rosy dropped Iris on the couch since she's not wet like her, then she stood and started staring at her wet self, wondering what she'd do.

Liam sat beside Iris, and they started talking like they've known each other for long

Roman looked at Rosy, and when he saw how uncomfortable she is in the wet clothes and how she kept moving from one foot to another, he smiled lightly.

"I'll get you something to change into, then I can get your clothes dried" he said, and she looked up.

Their eyes met once before he went upstairs, and she turned to face Liam and Iris.

"How old are you?" Liam asked.

"Five" she replied.

"I'm nine, so...

"I know, i won't disrespect you, mum told me to respect people who're even one month older" she interrupted, and he smiled, stroking her curly hair.

"Damn, you're so cute"

Rosy smiled, biting her lip as she watched her handsome son acting like a big brother already.

Roman returned two minutes later with one of his shirts, colour blue

She handed it to Rosy and directed her to the bathroom so she'd change.

She came back three minutes later, already changed, and as usual, the shirt stopped at her mid-thigh, looking cute.

She took of her flat shoes and is currently putting on one of Roman's furry slip-ons which is bigger than her too. She's got small foots.

Roman's eyes widened the moment she came out, holding the wet clothes in her right hand.

He gave her a thorough look from her foot up to her face, and when their eyes met, he blinked and looked away, then he tried to take the wet clothes from her