Chapter 11

"Hush, mama. It's fine now, I'm here for you" Roman whispered.

He hugged her tighter, sighing out in relief, but she suddenly broke the hug.

"Liam... What if the boar goes back to him? What if the beast kills my baby and...

"Liam is fine" he held her arms, and she sniffed.

"Huh?"

FLASHBACK, TEN MINUTES AGO*

Roman's car stopped by the entrance of the mountains, and just like Rosy, he was about to run in when two other cars arrived, conveying Angelina and Bishop plus several securities from the company.

The securities poured into the mountains immediately.

They actually rushed after him earlier when he ran out of the company.

"Boss, it's too dangerous in there you should allow the securities to handle this" Angelina said.

"My boy and Rosy are in there!" Roman replied and rushed in without waiting.

Angelina and Bishop followed, but none are as fast as him, even the securities couldn't keep up cos he's going in a different direction.

"Liam!!!!!" He screamed, facing another direction again.

His fingers went into his hair frustratingly, and he breathed out

"Liam!!!!!"

"Dad!!" His voice came from behind, and he turned to see him running towards him with Kendra.

"Liam" he quickly went on his knees, and Liam ran into his arms.

"Dad" he cried.

"Why did you do it? Why would you come here! Why would you sneak out of school!" Roman said loudly, breaking the hug.

"I'm so sorry dad, I was...

"Where's Rosy? Did you see her?" He asked.

"She saved us from the boar" Kendra replied.

"What! Boar?" Roman's eyes widened, and he spranged up just when Angelina and Bishop got to them.

"Stay with the kids" he said and ran off in that direction.

FLASHBACK ENDS*

"That was how I found you" Roman said, and Rosy started wiping her tears.

"I'm glad, I'm glad he's fine" she nodded, and then the growl came beside them again.

They both stood at once to see the boar again, standing there with obvious fury like it's ready to devour them.

Roman quickly pushed Rosy behind himself.

"It'd kill us" she muttered fearfully.

"It won't, trust me" he replied, focusing on the boar while making sure he doesn't break eye contact with it.

Rosy looked up at his face after hearing those assuring words from him, and when he felt her eyes on himself, he looked back at her.

Immediately their eyes met, the boar charged forward, jumping in the air to pounce, but then a gunshot came, and the bullet rammed straight into it's head.

The boar fell from the air to the ground lifelessly, and the securities showed up.

"Are you ok sir?" Their head who shot the gun asked as they came down.

"We're fine" Roman replied, facing Rosy.

"I'm fine" she said, but then he saw the wound on her arm. His eyes travelled down her legs and he saw several scratches.