Chapter 5

The phone landed on the ground to crash beside her black flat shoes.

The crash brought the two out of the shock they're in, and Rosy's eyes blinked gently.

Roman lifted his eyes from her legs up to her face.

"Excuse us, Jeffery" he finally talked, and Jeffery exited the office.

His right hand went back into his pocket as he walked to her.

She kept looking inside his eyes, and immediately he stopped in front so her, she asked the question.

"How's... how's my Liam doing?"

She was holding back her tears as she said the words, but she's not sure maybe it's cos of the emotions she's feeling after seeing the man who called her cheap, or maybe they're tears of joy that she'd be seeing her son soon.

Roman kept staring at her, so she sniffed and asked the question again.

"My Liam, how's he...

"He grew up well, a lot" he replied simply, and she smiled sadly, finally releasing her tears.

"He won't even recognize me anymore. It has been eight whole years and he was still a kid when we separated" she muttered.

Roman took another step closer, but she stepped back immediately, wiping her tears.

Roman wanted to wipe those tears for her, but when he saw the ring on her finger, he stayed back.

Her face was tearless when she looked up again, then she sniffed and started walking out of the office.

"I searched everywhere" he suddenly talked, and she stopped.

"I searched everywhere possible for you, but I wasn't lucky enough to find you. Liam wants to badly meet you and...

"No" she quickly turned to him.

" I'm not ready yet, I'll just meet him as your PA. I'm here to be your P.A and I won't reject the job just because it's you. I shamelessly need the money, so...I look forward to working with you" she said and finally walked out, leaving Roman to continue staring into space.

He walked to his swivel chair and sat gently on it, picking a picture frame that's on the table.

It's a picture of him and Liam. He's giving him a piggyback ride on a beach, and he's shooting bubbles out of a machine, looking so happy.

Before he knew it, his tears fell on the frame, but he quickly wiped them, remembering the words he actually said to her that year.

He could imagine how much it hurts now. He clearly saw it in her eyes earlier.

He was still holding the frame as he rested back on the chair, eyes closed gently.

*

Rosy rushed into the nearest restroom immediately she left the office, and she stood behind the door, resting her body on it.

Tears started threatening to come out of her eyes again when she remembered what happened that day after Liam was taken from her.

FLASHBACK, 8 YEARS AGO*

The taxi conveying Rosy stopped in front of the house just now, but she's not even aware.

All that's in her mind is how Liam was taken away from her by the heartless man, and how she probably won't be seeing him again. She cried throughout the ride home.

"Miss" the driver's voice woke her from her thoughts.

"Thanks" she payed him and stepped out, only to meet another shock.