Chapter 16

"Insane jerk!" She shot and walked away, leaving him standing in the now heavy rain.

Roman didn't move for about five minutes, just standing there and allowing the rain to drench him while regretting what he just did.

He shouldn't have kissed her forcefully, he only just worsened the situation, and he already hates himself for that.

This shouldn't be happening after he promised Liam that he'd sort everything out in a week.

He cursed himself inwardly as he walked to his car and got in, spending close to five minutes waiting inside before finally driving away.

*

Surprisingly, Rosy met a car in front of the house when she arrived.

It's not one of Roman's cars, and there's no way he'd get here before her, so she slowly stepped closer to the car, and the door opened, revealing Darla.

She opened an umbrella and covered herself with it as she walked to Rosy with a lot of worry in her eyes.

"Why are you wet? You should have brought your umbrella along with you. You're shaking so bad, are you planning to get sick? Huh?" She said, raising an hand to Rosy's face to rub her cheek fondly.

Rosy just stared dumbfounded, wondering what's happening.

"And what happened to your pretty face? Huh? Liam won't be happy if he sees his mum this way" she continued, and Rosy sniffed.

"Mrs. Darla Lawson" she said, and Darla smiled.

FIVE MINUTES LATER*

Rosy already invited her in, and Darla is sitting on the old couch, looking around the small apartment.

Rosy came out of the room already changed into a full woolen sweater and large trousers plus socks.

"I'll make you some coffee" she said and made to enter the kitchen...

"No no no, please don't stress yourself, i hate coffee too just like my son" Darla quickly said, and she turned, walking back to her.

She sat on a couch facing her, and Darla smiled.

"Don't do that again"

"Huh?"

"Getting wet by the rain, don't" Darla said, and she smiled lightly, facing down.

"Deep down, I know you're wondering why I'm here, and I know you also know why" Darla continued, and Rosy finally looked up.

"Roman hated women for years before you came, and i even wonder how he's able to keep up with a female bestie cos up until last year, there was no single female staff in his company. He only just started hiring females this year, that's how far his hatred goes" Darla said.

"Trust me when he brought Liam home eight years ago as his child, I was astounded, cos that was a year after Gwen did what she did" she continued.

"Gwen?" Rosy said curiously.

"His ex girlfriend who made him hate coffee and women" Darla replied, and Rosy's eyes widened a bit.

"He was still a taxi driver when he started dating Gwen, and back then he only spent 30 percent of his savings. Gwen spends 70 percent. When he finally got a paying job, he bought her a car with his first salary, and he was in charge of paying her house rent. He even payed for her mother's yearly surgery for years. Roman didn't even care about me back then, all he saw was Gwen, Gwen and nothing more. He was so in love and..." Darla stopped talking and wiped the tears that fell from her eyes.