Why? (Alastor x Depressed! Reader)

Requested bySophiaFushia

WARNING: Mentions of cutting and blood (and emotional in my opinion)

You were reading a book in the parlor on the couch, enjoying the peace around you. Everyone entered the hotel, talking and laughing.

"Hey, (y/n)." Sir Pentious spoke, "would you like to play a game with us?"

"Sorry, I'm not in the mood for a game." You looked down, "thanks for asking, though."

Sir Pentious frowned. You frowned as well, but you just didn't feel up to it.

Night time had fallen and you were in your room getting ready for bed. You had put on some comfy pajamas before you heard a knock on your door. You opened the door to see Charlie who was also in her pajamas.

"Hey, (y/n)." She waved with a small smile, "can I come in?"

"Sure." You let her in and shut the door, "what brings you in here?"

"I just wanted to check on you." She answered, "I can't help but notice that you were becoming distant again."

"Everything's fine, Charlie." You crossed your arms, "I just haven't really felt social lately."

The 2 of you sat on the bed.

"(Y/n), I know you better than that." She said, "when you become like this usually you're-"

"Well I'm not." You snapped.

"I just want to make sure nothing is wrong." She said, "I care about you. . . .you know that, right?"

Tears burned your eyes as you looked away from her, "yeah."

"Everyone else in the hotel does too." She added.

"All except one." You replied.

"Al has a different way of showing that he cares." She spoke, "it's just how he is. But he does care, (y/n)."

"Yeah, I know." You looked down.

Charlie held your hands, "I'm your friend and I care so much about you. If you ever need me, I'm here for you."

"Thank you, Charlie." You softly smiled.

She hugged you tightly, "Vaggie and I will be in our room if you need us. Goodnight, (y/n)."

"Night, Charlie." You said.

She left your room and closed the door. You laid in your bed and reached inside your pillowcase, pulling out your blade. Your eyes filled with tears as you just stared at it. You rolled up the sleeve of your left arm, admiring the scars you had created with the weapon in your hand. Charlie could read you like an open book and you hated it.

You thought you fooled her this time though. Usually she checks your wrists and searches your room for any blades, but this time she didn't. You softly sobbed, holding the blade close to you.

The next day, you got ready and made your way downstairs. The others were sitting the parlor while Charlie was talking about ideas for the hotel.

"Morning, (y/n)!" Charlie smiled at you.

"Morning." You slightly waved, sitting in between Angel and Nifty.

Alastor was sitting in the chair across from the couch just smiling. You tugged on your sleeve to keep it from rolling up and you yawned.

"Jeez (y/n)." Angel whispered, "I ain't ever seen you so tired."

"Just didn't sleep so good last night is all." You told him.