77

"What's going on?" Carlisle asked stepping in front of me protectively. Blocking my view of the male stood just outside our home. My blood red eyes closed tightly so he couldn't see them. There was no hiding behind contacts with this unexpected visit.

My body was shaking uncontrollably with a desire to taste the blood pumping beneath his skin. My fangs had elongated from the delectable smell emitting from the man. The only way I had not attacked him yet was the way I held my mouth shut with a hand over my nose. If Carlisle would have popped up four seconds later, I would have ripped the man apart.

I had answered the door not thinking. It's not usual that we get visitors here. As soon as I had opened the door my primal instinct had taken over. I would have lunged at any moment.

My gums ached when my sharp teeth had came through. The pain wouldn't go away until I've feed.

Charlie sounds exhausted as he speaks, "Is Edward here? My daughter has disappeared again, and I can only assume the two are together."

I could understand why he may think that. The last two times she ran off had to do with Edward. But he hasn't spoken to her in almost a month. None of us have actually. It was nice to have some peace and quiet from the girl after all the drama and hurt she had caused. Any and all feelings I may have had in the past had disappeared. It took a lot for me to give up on other people, even if they didn't treat me how they should; but once I finally gave up, there was no going back from there. I could live my life every day as if that person never existed in the first place. That's how I felt about the girl.

I feel a presence behind me and arms loop around my body, pulling me so I have my back turned to the human male. I open my eyes and bury my face into their chest, inhaling their scent. My mates smell overpowering the blood. But just barely, everything was heightened in my early stages of new life. Emmett is holding a vice grip on me, to keep me at bay.

If I really wanted to get out of his arms; I would be able to overtake him. But I had no desire to kill someone, especially Charlie. I would never be able to live with myself if I hurt someone.

Though I don't know how long I can stand here before I snap. I needed to hunt to try and sustain my thirst.

Because my biggest fear would be harming someone weaker than I am, someone who doesn't deserve my wrath.

"I'm sorry chief. But Edward is upstairs in his room, we haven't seen Bella in a few days. The two have...broken up," Carlisle explained, "If we hear anything, we will let you know," he states with a tight smile.

Charlie sighs, "I didn't know about that. I don't know about much of anything lately," he states sadly, "Kaylia? Have you spoken to her, I know you haven't been around the house for a while. But your Bella's best friend. Do you know where she may have went?"

I grip onto Emmett's arms tightly. Feeling cracks forming under my palms, "Were friends. No more. No."

"I'm sorry Charlie. Kaylia is going through something right now. But she hasn't been with Bella for a while either" Emmett states pulling me away from the entrance. He quickly walks me through the house and out the back door and we take off running searching for my meal.

 He quickly walks me through the house and out the back door and we take off running searching for my meal