8

I stand next to Angela and Jessica as they ask if I have plans for who I want to go to prom with

I stand next to Angela and Jessica as they ask if I have plans for who I want to go to prom with. I wasn't even worried about prom. I kind of forget it was a thing if I'm being honest here. I just wanted to get this class field trip over with. I wanted to go home and sleep the rest of the school year away. Just under a month left and I can be released from this hell.

"Im probably not gonna go. I don't really see the point of going if I don't have a date. And it seems like a waste of money and time to me" I honestly state.

"Kaylia you have to go. It's like the one time a year that a girl can dress up like a princess and be twirled around by their prince" Jessica babbled.

"You live in a fantasy land. This is real life, and in real life prom is a scam so schools can get back money they spent on stupid shit like larger football fields. Im good" I criticized the whole idea.

"You're a bitch sometimes has anyone ever told you that?" Jessica snarks.

I shrug my shoulders, "Once or twice."

"If she doesn't want to go we can't force her. But you'll at least go dress shopping with us. I need help picking out a dress?" Angela kindly asked trying to pull us away from one another. I can't stand Jessica.

"I guess. Where at?" I ask.

"Port Angeles, Seattle. They have better shops than here. It's not a long drive either" Angela adds.

"Okay. Just text me the details. I'm gonna find Bella. Tootles" I dismiss walking away.

When I find Bella she's standing in the same spot I broke my arm. Probably reminiscing on my pain. No I'm kidding. I see Mike standing in front of her talking and Bella looks checked out. I hold in my laugh when she gives him a disgusted look that she hides with fake smiles. Before I can make it to there I am stopped by my name being called lightly.

"Oh hey edweirdo what's up?" I smirked looking up at the boy. He huffs a little and seems to be glaring off into the distance. Do I need to clutch my pearls?

"Mikes asking Bella to prom" he only states.

"Okay and she'll say no anyways. Worried?" I questioned. He's so jealous, as I think that Edward laughed a little making me look into his eyes harder. I squint as if that would let me read his mind. I would love to know what he's thinking.

"I'd be more worried if you both were going" he adds not elaborating more than that and walking in Bella's direction. What worried that we would cause a scene, or worried he wasn't going with us. What a weird man.

"Don't mind him. He says a lot of things he shouldn't sometimes. Im Emmett" the larger Cullen boy grins holding his hand out. He's even more beautiful close up. I really need to get it together. Rosalie stands next to him shooting me a little smile. I shake his hand and let go quickly from the cold. Totally not human.