25

While Bella was getting patched up, the rest of us were deep in the woods sitting or standing around. The others were trying to make sense of it all, while I had comforted a disoriented and upset Jasper. After a while of me making sure everyone was okay, they stated they needed to go hunting. I completely understood and watched as they walked away before completely disappearing after bringing me close so their home was in my sight.

I headed back to the house thinking over what all had happened tonight. That bad feeling that creeped up on me earlier was now in full fledge attack mode. This incident was going to make or break us. I could only wish for the best.

Not one person tonight should beat themselves up. But I knew they were all blaming themselves in different ways. I felt like the only one who had control of their emotions right now. I don't think that's a good thing.

I eased dropped on Carlisle and Bella's conversation from outside the entryway to his office

I eased dropped on Carlisle and Bella's conversation from outside the entryway to his office. I hated that he and the others believed they were dammed because of what they were. None of them had a choice, but they made the best of what they had. They found each other, they made a name for themselves They are loved and happy, shouldn't that be all that matters?

Bella nor I ever thought they were dammed. If they didn't have a soul, would they have ever taken us in? They are kind, thoughtful, loving creatures. They found a way not to harm humans, even if it meant their way of surviving would never fully satisfy their carvings. They all had will, and a want to protect. They are not monsters that they claim they are. It hurt my heart that they even thought that way.

When Carlisle lights the bowl contents on fire and looks over at me. I step in knowing I have been caught. Bella looks deep in thought as she thinks of something.

"Bella

"Bella. Can we have a moment?" I asked motioning to the vampire and myself.

She looks up and nods quickly standing and coming my way. When she paused next to me, she looked at me with worry on her face. I shake my head and pat her cheek lightly, silently telling her not to worry too much. She sighs and walks out the room, waiting in the living room for Edward and me. Carlisle is cleaning up when I step fully into the room.

"You all are so hard on yourselves," I start, "If you truly believed that. Would you have helped her? Brought us both into your world so easily?" I questioned the man.

He paused his back facing me for a moment. The taller blond turned around with a scrunched up facial expression. I keep a small distance between us, allowing him to think.

"We now damned you both by bringing you into it" He tries to tell me.

"No, don't ever say or think that. Damned is to be condemned to eternal punishment. This isn't a punishment!," I commend.

"You all have been given a second chance at life. To grow as a part of something bigger than you ever were. I don't believe for a moment that you are condemned" I professed. 

Carlisle sighs in defeat, stepping up to me both of his cold hands resting on my face. Holding the side of my head up to lock eyes with him. My own tearing up at the thought, "It's those like you, that help me not to feel that way. I just can't fight the inevitable. Sometimes it's not enough."

I sniffled reaching my own hands up to grip onto his broad shoulders. Fighting myself back as to not scream. I don't know if I would ever be able to get through to him... any of them.

"I love you, can that be enough" I finally confessed. I really did love all of them. They had giving me sometime more than myself to look up to. I never felt more complete than I did now.

If he could breathe, I'd like to think his breath would have gotten caught. If he could cry there would be droplets dripping from his eyes. His pretty topaz eyes were fogged and glossy. Tears that would never come clouding his vision. He's silent as he tightly pulls me into a hug. Holding me as if he would never let go. Silently telling me he feels the same. I never wanted to loose this.