Chapter Fifteen: Namjoon

Start from the beginning

The rest of the ride is just us talking about how thrilled she is to be finished with school, after all these years. She talks about her graduation party and how she's looking forward to getting shit-faced drunk, which of course makes me laugh. Then I tell her about what's been going on with my work and how I have deadlines coming up soon for a few songs.

When we pull up to the camping site, I see Jin hyung, Soo-young, Taehyung, Jungkook and Eun-ha all unloading already. I step out and Chae-rin rushes over to Eun-ha. She doesn't even bother to help me unload the trunk. Great. She's such a passenger princess.

"Hyung! You finally made it," Taehyung comes over with Jungkook.

"What do you mean finally? It's only eleven," I laugh. "What time did you guys get here?"

"Well, Jungkook came to pick our asses up at freaking four in the morning," Taehyung complains. "I don't know why! We were the first people here!"

"I don't like being late," Jungkook shrugs. "We got here around eight, when the park opened." He grabs Chae-rin's duffel, mine and a backpack from my trunk. "Where are you going to set up your tent?"

"Chae-rin's probably going to want to-"

"Joon! Eun-ha and I want to share a tent!" Chae-rin runs over to me smiling.

"What about me then?" I am actually a little surprised. "Where am I going to sleep?"

"In the tent with the boys or in the tent that they brought for her?" She shrugs. "But we want the bigger tent." She grabs a few things too and walks with Jungkook and I to an empty space.

I'm about to protest when Eun-ha says, "Aw, Namjoonie doesn't want his girlfriend sleeping in a different tent." She laughs, hugging Chae-rin in her arms. "Too bad. I knew her first."

Chae-rin rolls her eyes at the teasing, but there's a smile. "Joon, you'll be okay, right?" Her big eyes look into mine, searching for an answer.

"I'll be fine," I tell her, smiling. "Do you two need help setting up the tent or-"

"We got it," Eun-ha squeals, grabbing the tent, Chae-rin's hand, and running off.

I watch as the two girls squeal like kids, blabbering away. They seem to have missed each other more than usual. I guess...I'm sleeping alone this trip. Well, not that it matters. I was just, I don't know. Was I looking forward to sharing a tent with Chae-rin?

"Hyung, you look a little sad," Taehyung teases.

"You kind of do," Jungkook agrees.

"I'm fine," I reply. "Are you and Taehyung sharing a tent?"

"Yeah," Jungkook nods. "But that's only if Taehyung agrees to not cuddle me." It's more of a warning that a statement.

I laugh while Taehyung says, "Hey! I already said I wouldn't! I can't help it, okay?"

The guys help me set up my tent. I've gone camping plenty of times and I'm actually pretty quick with putting the tent together by myself, so when I have these two helping me, within a few minutes, it's done. I set up the foam mat on the ground before I pull out my sleeping bag and lay it down. The tent is smaller than the one I had brought for Chae-rin and I, for sure. If two people slept in here, it would definitely be very, very snug.

I glance across from my tent to where Chae-rin and Eun-ha are struggling with their tent. They're laughing, though, so at least they're having fun. Chae-rin is reading the instructions while Eun-ha is just going at it, hoping the pieces fit together. That is...so like them. Chae-rin groans and tosses the instructions back into the bag and starts to follow Eun-ha's method. How these two manage to do anything in life is a mystery to me... They are double trouble when together.