Chapter thirty-three

Start from the beginning

Rolus could feel himself not being himself again. The mate bond was driving him crazy.

"Rolus, come on!" Luke calling him sort of calmed him down a bit. He was able to breathe properly, and not those heavy breaths filled with growls.

He walked towards Luke, albeit slowly.

"Rolus, please meet Natalie and Leo Rossi. I've told them about your bipolar disorder, and they won't press charges against you." Luke's tone was condescending.

Rolus smiled, nodding. He turned to the couple, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have attacked you like that," then pulled Luke to the side without hearing the couple's response.

"What the hell, Rolus?" Luke muttered.

Rolus shrugged, claiming that he had no control over the mate bond. He admitted that he was 'careless' as Luke called him, but refuted the claims that he was showing off.

At this rate, Luke's anger would burn through the ground. He apologised to Luke for losing control over his mate bond that he clearly had no control over, also for also 'showing off'.

"We came here to unwind and take time off from both our Packs. I don't want us having more stress than we came here with. Please, Rolus. Try to blend in and let's just enjoy ourselves."

Rolus nodded, understanding that he was the one that acted out of proportion. The ball could've hit anyone that was sitting on that spot.

Regardless of what had happened, the two couples forgave each other, noting that it was water under the bridge.

The day passed by quickly as Luke and Rolus relaxed, forming new friendships with the people around the pool. They engaged in conversations that included politics, business and of course, relationships.

Natalie Rossi explained that it wasn't easy to find a man as understanding and sweet as Leo. She had to search through the rubble to find the diamond in the rough.

"How did you two meet?" Natalie asked after they grabbed some refreshments from the counter.

Rolus and Luke looked at each other. Rolus hated that he couldn't mind-link Luke.

"It's complicated," Luke replied, biting a mouthful of his muffin. There were scrums left on the side of his mouth after taking a bite. Rolus quickly brushed them off with his fingers.

The gesture made Rolus realise what he was becoming. He did not mind what he'd become around Luke, just that Luke not feeling the mate bond made his attempts at helping Luke look like Rolus was showing off. The guy couldn't help himself.

"You can tell us, let's go sit over the shade!" Rolus hated that Natalie was too inquisitive, and that her husband was following her like a shadow.

There was something about the couple that enraged his wolf, and Rolus thought it was maybe their altercation. He only tagged along with them because of Luke. He could also tell that Luke was just pretending to be 'nice' and tagging along to not try to cause a scene.

Luke's very impatient. That's what Rolus feared. He knows Luke very well. He's like a ticking time bomb that would explode given a prick. Luke would've done the same thing that Rolus did to Leo Rossi not because of the mate bond, but acting on impulse...had the ball hit Luke.

When they reached the shade, Natalie sat down next to Leo and opposite Luke. Rolus was sitting across Leo.

Natalie put the plate of muffins on the table, then opened the can of soda. "I haven't heard about the Clonmels anywhere. Are you guys new here?" Natalie started, taking a sip of her drink.