42

☆ 42. Chapter 42font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 42

Chen Kaiji left for his post soon, and Qin Shiyue and Zhou Chuan kept sending them out of the city. Both of them are a little reluctant to part with each other. After all, they have been together for so many years, and they don’t know when they will see each other again.

After sending Chen Kaiji away, Qin Shiyue still felt a little empty. The baby also wiped away tears. He and Xu Huanyan's child had a good relationship, but now that their playmate is gone, he is naturally in a bad mood.

Baobao was really depressed for a few days. He told Qin Shiyue with tears in his eyes all day long that his two little brothers were gone and he was the only one left. Qin Shiyue hugged him and comforted him. Later, the baby didn't know where he heard it from, and began to pester Qin Shiyue for his younger siblings.

The more Qin Shi thought about it, he realized that the baby was really lonely alone, so it would be better to have another baby. So I discussed with Zhou Chuan and asked for another one. Zhou Chuan was reluctant to let Qin Shiyue suffer that crime again, but he couldn't help but begged one by one, so he naturally agreed.

Ever since the baby knew that he was going to have a younger brother and sister, he had wiped away his previous unhappiness and lay in Qin Shiyue's belly every day to listen.

After Chen Kaiji left, the official who succeeded him was named Zheng She, who was in his fifties and looked like an old scholar, with a bit of old-fashioned look. As soon as he took office, he called all these wealthy businessmen.

Zhou Chuan was invited to go. Over the years, he has long ceased to be the same person he was in Yuanbao Village. He has become introverted and mature, and no one will call him Boss Zhou when he meets him. Now he and Qin Shiyue have two major industrial bases across the country, one in the south of the Yangtze River and the other in the north. It can be said that one south and one north echo each other. Taking Jiangnan alone as an example, it is not an exaggeration to say that there are thousands of fertile fields. This does not include those lakes, mountains and forests.

Therefore, the husband and wife's property is already very large, ranking high in the entire Jiangnan.

But Zheng She was very critical of them. He believed that the fields should be planted with food, and growing other things would be a waste of natural resources and not a good job.

Therefore, he made things difficult for Zhou Chuan at the banquet. Zhou Chuan had seen many people over the years, all kinds of people, and he was able to deal with Zheng She with ease. However, Zhou Chuan didn't go too far. After all, they were still under his control.

After returning home, Zhou Chuan told Qin Shiyue about the matter.

Qin Shiyue frowned: "We have lived a stable life for so many years, and now we finally meet a strong enemy." Having a bad relationship with local officials affects their industry. Maybe their life safety will be affected. In the past, under Chen Kaiji's care, they did not encounter too many difficulties. Even if they went to develop industries in other places, although they encountered some minor difficulties, the problems were probably not major.

Some people love money, and Qin Shiyue will give them money; some people love sex, and Qin Shiyue will give them sex. But for Zheng She, there was no way to start. He is not a corrupt official, nor can he be said to be a coward. I heard that his previous political achievements were not bad. He was a resolute man and did not follow the crowd. Otherwise, he would not have become the prefect in his fifties.