End

☆ 43. Chapter 43font record

Previous chapter table of contents

Chapter 43:

Qin Shiyue and Zhou Chuan thought over and over again and decided to go all out. They found a day to invite Zheng She into the palace. Zheng She not only refused to come, but also scolded them, thinking that they wanted to bribe him.

When his plan failed, Qin Shiyue came up with another plan. He went to the government office to play drums and said he wanted to file a lawsuit.

Zheng She let him into the lobby and asked him who he was suing. Qin Shiyue said that the person he wanted to sue was none other than the prefect Zheng She.

Zheng She was angry and curious. Qin Shiyue had been preparing for a long time and said his words again. What he sued was Zheng She's seizure of their factory without reason. Zheng She also found random reasons for sealing up their factory, but now it seems that those reasons are not valid. Originally, when Chen Kaiji was here, although Qin Shiyue was on good terms with them, he still paid the taxes that should be paid, and all matters were done in accordance with the rules. In fact, the earlier Qin Shi took precautions against what would happen today, so he took precautions before it happened.

The reason why Qin Shiyue came in person this time instead of Zhou Chuan was because Qin Shiyue's belly was big. Zheng She was a bit old-fashioned, but seriously speaking, he was a good official. He saw Qin Shiyue's big belly. It is inevitable that torture will not be used, but it is hard to say if it is Zhou Chuan. After all, Zhou Chuan was young and strong, so it was inevitable that Zheng Sheqi would only hit him a few times.

The more Qin Shi talked eloquently and argued convincingly, he really made Zheng She speechless. But Zheng She was still a local parent official after all. He felt that he had lost face when Qin Shiyue did this, so he sent someone to check Qin Shiyue again. Starting from the account books, they checked everything in detail, but nothing was found. It was not Zheng She's nature to frame them casually, so Zheng She was so angry that he had to let them go for the time being.

However, they also strengthened the strict investigation on them. Qin Shiyue and Zhou Chuan were good people, and they had reached an agreement with the people in the government office before. Those people naturally faced them and would not embarrass them too much. What's more, Qin Shiyue had given orders earlier to be cautious in everything, so they couldn't find anything even if they wanted to.

If there was anything minor, those people would help them cover it up. So Zheng She has been in Jiangnan for a year, but he still hasn't found any real clues about Qin Shiyue. On the contrary, Qin Shiyue paid the tax money on time and in an accurate amount. Zheng She saw that he was so angry that he had nowhere to vent his anger.

As autumn approaches, the Zhou family finally has a new member, which makes Zhou Chuan extremely happy. This time of year is not as hot as summer, nor is it very cold. Both Qin Shiyue and the children are comfortable.

When Qin Shiyue was out of confinement, a distinguished guest came to the Zhou family - the prince.

Neither Qin Shiyue nor Zhou Chuan expected that the prince would actually come. Although the baby was young, he had a deep memory of the little brother who had been with him for a few days.

The two children were inseparable as soon as they got together. The prince stayed in Jiangnan for less than half a month.

As soon as the prince came, Zheng She could no longer treat them as harshly as before.

But he wasn't too flattering. He just treated them like other merchants, which made Qin Shiyue and Zhou Chuan feel much more relaxed.

When Qin Shiyue was 28 years old, Yuechuan brand cosmetics had spread throughout the south.