Gerard

I sat on my bed, chest exposed, shirt nearby. The lingering scent of her wetness still lingered from my shirt, a scent I could inhale for a lifetime.

I bent over and put my head in my hand, trying to push her voice from my mind at the moment.

I had just left her house, and the clock was now past 4 a.m. When I left, she was still sound asleep.

The images stuck in my mind, clear and vibrant. Her wet, black hair clung to her cheek and neck, her gray eyes tinged with red and filled with grief and anguish.

As she cried out her fragile body trembled in my arms, and when she exploded against my neck, I experienced a warm feeling in my chest.

It was both maddening and torturous.

I disliked seeing her cry. I didn't want Zera to cry again. I despised the feelings that raced through me when she cried.

I hated feeling powerless and unaware of how to console her. My ability to help her appeared restricted. I longed to provide more.

It became clear to me that Zera was dealing with her inner demons. She hid her emotions and pretended to be fine with everything. Still, I could feel her exhaustion; the strain of it all was visible in her eyes. I could see through her façade.

The way she melted into me when we hugged was a hint that she wanted me to stick around and help.

However, to be honest, I have no idea what's going on with her. I'm not sure if there is any underlying trauma.
But I'm determined to solve it, to get her to talk about what's really going on inside her.

My phone vibrated in my jean pocket, and I pulled it out.

"Yeah?"

"Where the hell are you, man?" Bret's voice burst through the phone.

"Everyone's still waiting for you; the party is still..."

I tuned out as I realized I was supposed to be at his house for a party.

Maybe that's exactly what I need right now to shake off these heavy thoughts. A few drinks to clear my head.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes," I said, cutting the call before he could respond.

Swiftly changing into something else, my car soon sat parked outside Bret's house. The atmosphere was alive with people scattered around.

I headed straight to his door and entered.

Neon lights dazzled my eyes, and the air was thick with the scent of beer and cigarettes.

"Hey, Gerard is here," I heard a small voice from a girl I didn't recognize.

All eyes shifted to me as I navigated through the crowd, spotting Bret in the distance. He was sandwiched between three girls, fully immersed in their company, oblivious to the world around him.

Reaching the designated area, I settled at the end of the couch.

"What the heck, man? What took you so long?" Bret shot me a mockingly pained expression as I poured myself a drink.

"I was occupied," I replied, downing the beer as I reclined on the couch, closing my eyes.

Images of Zera flashed in my mind.

"Need a warm-up? We've got some new girls from the other town here," Bret suggested, but my eyes stayed shut.

"I'm good," I whispered.

"I doubt that," a hushed voice whispered in my right ear, a gentle breath grazing my earlobe.

My eyes slowly opened to meet a pair of hazel eyes staring down at me - a girl.

"Finally, I got your attention," she whispered seductively, running a small hand over my chest, halting just above my belt.

"A quick one, and you'll be good to go," she chuckled.

"A warm-up, huh?" A smirk played on my lips.

She nodded eagerly, and I grabbed her hands, removing them from my chest.
I stood up, looming over her slender figure.

She wasn't my type at all.

"I'm curious to see what you've got for me," my smirk widened as I brushed past her, heading upstairs to Bret's room.

She followed closely behind, and I considered a brief encounter, just to alleviate the persistent ache in my dick.

We entered Bret's room, and she promptly closed the door behind us.
The room was dimly lit, almost as if he had set it up for me, a routine whenever he knew I was coming.

I remained composed, focusing on the petite girl who resembled a matchstick.
Her eyes pierced through me as she advanced slowly, stopping a few steps away from me.

I was curious about what she had in store for me.

"I heard you are one of the richest..." she stroked her palm up my chest.

"Smartest..." Her hands moved up and rested on the side of my neck. They felt too hard and harsh for a girl, like a lizard had climbed up my body.

"Most handsome and best at fucking," she groaned, making me smirk.

"Best in fucking uhn?"

She nodded. "And I am curious to see and feel it"

I sighed, already tired of her. She was not putting me in the mood at all.

"So bad that you won't be able to see and feel my dick stuck up in your cunt this night or ever." my smirk disappeared.

"We'll see about that, Gerard," she drawled my name out, her eyes gleaming. She didn't appear bothered by my response.

Her hand ventured down to my belt, and in the blink of an eye, she pulled it out. My gaze stayed locked with hers as she dipped a hand into my boxers, softly gripping my erection.

I was hard, not because of her, but because of Zera's lingering image in my mind.

"See..." she squeezed it gently. "You're alre..."

I cut her off, swiftly grabbing her hand and pulling it out as quickly as she dipped it in.

I couldn't go through with it. Even though she wasn't my type, the idea of her handling my problem didn't sit right. It had to be either Zera or me.

She looked at me with confusion.

"Ever been told you bear a striking resemblance to a broomstick?" I said innocently.

A small smirk played on my lips as I observed her hazel eyes ablaze with anger.

"What?!"

"You're not my type and never will be. I only let my type near my dick, let alone down their throats. You? You had the grace of the first part but not the second," I buckled my belt as I spoke and casually brushed past her.

I was already bored, even though we hadn't spent more than 5 minutes together.

I didn't bother informing Bret I was leaving as I reached the door and stepped outside into the cool early dawn.

I had just gotten into my car when my phone vibrated with a message from my father.

He knew I rarely slept at this hour, even if it was morning. I am either out partying or at the gym.

 I am either out partying or at the gym

"We need to talk. Come to my office today"Dad

I sighed and swung my steering wheel, reversing out into the main road.