Zera

I am drenched. Completely drenched, water streaming from my head to my toes, pooling at my feet. My fingers trembled inside the pockets of the hoodie as I approached the counter, Gerard trailing behind me.

A woman with fiery red hair and lips painted in a deep shade that brought to mind images of witches from ancient covens looked up as the door creaked shut, signaling our arrival.

"Hello, how can I..." Her voice faltered as her eyes fixed on Gerard, who stood beside me. My gaze followed hers, my teeth grinding together as warmth flooded through me inexplicably.

Gerard's T-shirt clung tightly to his torso, revealing the contours of his abs in an enticing display.

His curly hair, now even more tightly coiled due to the dampness, framed his face, with a few tendrils clinging to his neck and streaming down his chest.

Despite being drenched more than I was, he didn't show any signs of shivering. His gaze flicked from me to the woman behind the counter as he realized we were both staring, prompting him to clear his throat.

"Hi... um... how can I help you... sir?" The woman stuttered, hastily attempting to regain her composure and diverting her eyes from his body.

"We would like to get 2 rooms for the night and...." I tuned out of Gerard's words, my attention drifting to the surroundings.

My gaze landed on a flower pot that seemed oddly familiar, though I couldn't place where I'd seen it before.

"It is down your left and..." I turned back to the lady as she handed two keys to Gerard.

Quickly trailing after him as he started down a hallway, I couldn't help but notice the trail of water droplets marking my steps behind him.

However that wasn't my concern, the real issue was the way even in the dim hallway light, Gerard's well-defined back seemed practically illuminated, drawing my gaze.

I half-expected to catch a glimpse of a tattoo, but none were visible, perhaps obscured by the subdued lighting.

"Here," his voice interrupted my thoughts as he stopped in front of a door to my right. He unlocked it and swung it open.

"My room is just across from yours. You can text me if you need anything," he said as I entered the room.

Turning back to him, I nodded quickly, offering a sheepish thank you.
He closed the door behind me, and I heard the soft sound of his footsteps fading away.

I turned back, letting out a heavy sigh, but it caught in my throat and transformed into a low shriek as thunder rumbled, startling me.

Despite the dim light in the room, I couldn't shake the feeling of being enveloped in darkness.

"Oh God... I don't like this," I muttered hoarsely as I shuffled towards the bed and ran my hand over it gently.

The room was pleasant enough, with all the basic amenities one would expect from a motel, and the bed seemed adequately spacious.

But despite the comfortable surroundings, I still felt uneasy. I doubted whether I would be able to sleep tonight, especially with the heavy rain outside.

I stood up and walked over to the window, peering out at the torrents of rain cascading down. The darkness outside unnerved me, so I quickly averted my eyes and drew the curtains closed.

I removed his hoodie, feeling its weight in my hand. Bringing it close to my nose, I could still detect his scent lingering within.

"I wonder what cologne he uses..." I grumbled to myself as I started to undress, preparing to enter the bathroom.