6~ Secret and lies

●‹•›●●‹•›●●‹•›●

Shiv's collar was held by Satya and she asked while glaring at him.

" Are you even in your senses, Mr. Agnivanshi?"

Shiv chewed the corner of his lower lip and held her hands which has grasp his collar.

" I am. Kaki called me before her accident. We were having normal conversation when the line suddenly went off. I was worried so I turned my car. I saw a crowd near market and when I checked, It was Kaki. A shop was burning and people were trying to extinguish the fire. When I asked people, I got to know fire engulfed the whole place due to leak gas cylinder. Kaki was in that shop with some more people. I took her to the hospital but I was late. She had lost so much blood and-"

" Shut up!"

Satya left his collar and stepped back. With eyes full of tears, she glared at him then spoke.

" Take me to the hospital. And I swear I will kill you, if I find you are taking some sort of revenge on me for troubling you, Mr. Agnivanshi."

Shiv sighed then told her to follow him. His driver took both of the hospital where Malti's dead body is placed.

Shiv glance at Satya's adjoined hands resting over her lap. She is looking in front only and looking so scared. Right now, he just want to pull her close and hug her.

They reached hospital in half an hour. Satya just followed Shiv wherever he was going. Her heart beat stopped for a second as she reached outside the morgue. She fisted her hand nervously and a doctor with a nurse came too.

Shiv entered with Satya. A body was covered with white blanket from head to toe. Before uncovering it, Doctor warned them.

" The body is badly burned due to burn. The face would be unrecognizable-"

" I want to see, Doctor."

Satya interrupted Doctor who nodded before uncovering the body. As per Doctor's words, the face was unrecognizable that Satya hurriedly turn around and closed her eyes. That was looking so scary. Tear left from her closed her eyes and Shiv nodded at Doctor, gesturimg him to cover the body.

Satya look at Shiv, opening her eyes and pointing at the dead behind her without looking at it. Her eyes glossy as she spoke.

" I don't believe it. That's not my mother!"

" First come out."

Shiv said to her but she denied.

" No, tell me where is my mother!"

She demanded but he somehow managed to pull Satya out of the morgue.

Satya seems shocked yet demanding Shiv to bring her mother or she will just leave the hospital and would find her mother, herself.

" These jewelries were found from that dead body and I swear its Malti kaki-"

She fisted his shirt angrily, parted her mouth to scold him but could not. She burst into sob, hit his chest multiple times while uttering-