Chapter Forty-Four

Start from the beginning

"I need to speak to you later."

I wanted to be a teenager again and point at myself, pretend to be oblivious to whatever I have done. Now I can't, because I know exactly what happened and what I did.

"Oh you to Elijah."

"Yes ma'am."

Dad was laying on her and I could tell he was tired. The dramatics from this night must have also tired him out. He gets tired a lot more easily now and has to stay seated a lot.

"Dad, do you need help going up?"

"Mhm no, leave us be."

He raises his hand waving us off. Elijah and I walk off going upstairs. We went into our rooms and I sat down on the bed. I looked around the room, still surprised they haven't changed my room. I have been gone for so many years and I have told them to change it, so guests could use it if they wanted to.

Yet everytime I come, my room is still the same. My posters are still on the walls with my favorite bands from when I was younger. Small instant photos cover the wall just above my desk with all my highschool friends.

There's still that hole in the wall where I smashed my fist into the wall, because I was pissed and I decided to cover it up with a GTA poster thinking nobody would notice the hole. Thinking back to it, the placement was very odd and obvious.

I got an ass beating from mom after she saw it, yet it was never fixed. I knew dad could have done it or have paid someone to do it, but he never did. Maybe they just choose not to for the reminder of how it got there.

I stood up off the bed and I unbuttoned my shirt. I was tired and tomorrow we had a long ass drive back to Cali. At least Iris would be with us and we would be riding back in one piece. We may have bought her things, but they were merely to butter her up for her punishments.

She expects them to be easy and something she can handle, but it's the complete opposite of that. She's going to hate it and that's what I'm most excited for. Her complaining, whining and her begging, then her agreeing and doing it.

I got undressed and put on some clothes. I heard Kameron's voice in the hallway which meant that they were back. I could hear them talking about tonight, but I zoned it out, because those two have gotten on the last nerve in my body.

I went on my phone for a bit on Insta just for the purposes of scrolling. I did that for a good ten minutes, before getting bored. I should just go speak to my mom and sleep. I sighed and I ran my hair through my hands. I got up and I went to knock on Elijah's door.

I would check up on Iris, but maybe she wanted to be alone and just gather her thoughts. I would guess she was tired as well. Elijah opened his door and he rested on the side of the door.

"Imma go speak to mom, you coming?"

"Let me put on a shirt."

He moved away from the door and left it open. I saw that his things were packed and I saw Iris's gifts on the side near his bags. I couldn't wait to see the excitement bubble over in her face. Especially when she sees that she got new charms.

He put on a black sweatshirt and we both went downstairs. Mom wasn't in the living room with Dad anymore, so now I have to look for her. We find her outside sitting on a lounge chair. We go and sit down as well.

She leaned back in the chair and she was looking up at the dark clouded sky. There were no stars to be seen and no moon. Just a grey and cloudy sky.

"You know what I want to talk about, don't you?"

"Ma, it's not what you think," I start.

"Not what I think? It is exactly what I think. Adam's friend really?"