Betrayal in the Night

...

..

.

"It works?" Mike questions in disbelief, Bonnie smiling as (Y/N) and Clement race over.

"What'd I tell ya?" Kenny cheekily grins.

Jane emerges from the house, her expression neutral as she walks over.

"So, what's the plan?" Mike looks around at the others.

"How much food do we had?" Jane questions back, frowning with concern.

Mike thinks for a moment, rubbing his chin in thought. "At least a week."

"And for the baby?"

(Y/N) shakes her head, sighing, "I-- Maybe another two days."

"We need to find a place for the baby," Clement speaks up, glancing between Jane and Mike.

Mike nods in agreement with this, "yeah. Someplace warm."

"I agree," Jane also agrees, a small smile on her face. "We should head back south."

Kenny's brow raises as he steps out of the truck, closing the door. "What?"

"We're going to freeze to death," Jane bluntly replies, rubbing her arms with a shiver. "I don't know who's stupid idea it was to march up here in the first place, but it was a bad one."

"She's right," Mike backs her up, nodding.

"What if we went back to Howe's?" Jane suggests, looking between the group.

Mike blinks rapidly, his eyes widening. "Wait, what?! Fuck that! I was thinking more like Texas!"

"Texas?" Kenny scoffs, turning to him. "The fuck?"

Mike frowns, huffing as he turns away. "It was just an idea."

"We already talked about this," Kenny grits out firmly, glaring at the man.

His brow raises as he tilts his head, crossing his arms over his chest, "I'm sorry. We did?"

"We're goin' to find Wellington! Right, kids?"

(Y/N) blinks rapidly, side-stepping behind Clement as she stares down at her shoes.

"Wellington?" Jane repeats, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Kenny, it's freezing up here, man," Mike protests, shaking his head.

"And it's only gonna get worse," Jane adds.

"We came this far," Kenny speaks up, leaving no room for argument. "We're not goin' back."

Mike scowls, scoffing. "Nah, man. This is fucking nuts."

Clement's eyes shift back to (Y/N) in concern before he rubs the back of his neck, clearing his throat. "We don't have to leave right now. How about we just sleep on it?"

(?) Kenny will remember that

Bonnie smiles at the notion, "That sounds sensible."

"Damn it-- We don't have time!" Kenny argues, scowling as he sets his hands on his hips.

"Says you," Jane bluntly replies, rolling her eyes.

Kenny turns his glare to her, "look, I don't give two shits about what you people think. I got this truck working, so I say where we go. And we're headin' fuckin' North! It's the best chance we got of helpin' AJ!"

Mike deeply breathes out, closing his eyes to calm himself before they reopen. "What about Arvo?"

"Who? Oh, the Russkie?" Kenny mocks, rolling his eye. "Yeah, he ain't comin' with us."