A Plan to Escape

...

(Y/N) looks around with fearful eyes as she walks through the building, processing what just happened. She witnessed Carver murder someone. Just out of spite because she didn't finish her work. She knew he was dangerous, but she guessed it hadn't hit her just how dangerous the man actually was until this moment. They could be killed at any time with just a snap of his fingers.

She notices Bonnie kneeling down, picking up stray nails and screws and putting them inside a bucket.

"Oh! Hey," Bonnie greets warmly, rising with a smile. "So, they want you to run some supplies to the guys workin' at the expansion." She picks up the bucket, walking over. "Real simple, just take this over to 'em."

(Y/N) nods numbly, taking the bucket as she continues staring down at the floor with sad eyes.

"That jacket looks real nice on you!" Bonnie compliments, grinning. "I don't know what Tavia was talkin' about." Her smile slowly falls when she notices (Y/N)'s expression, tilting her head. "What's wrong? (Y/N)? You all right? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"He--" (Y/N)'s voice wavers, making her pause as she clears her throat. "Reggie... Reggie's dead."

(?) Bonnie will remember that

"What?" Bonnie's eyes widen, her face paling. "What are you talkin' about?"

"Carver... He killed Reggie. He shoved him off the roof because I didn't finish my work," (Y/N) weakly replies, her grip tightening on the bucket.

"Maybe-- Maybe it was just an accident?" Bonnie suggests as she struggles to find a reasonable response.

(Y/N) stares up at her with sad eyes, slowly shaking her head. Bonnie blinks rapidly, glancing around before lowering herself to (Y/N)'s height.

"Listen to me," she softly speaks, "take this stuff out to those guys and come straight back with Clement. Be safe, okay? Now ain't the time to be drawin' attention to yourselves." She rises, dusting off her pant legs and sighing. "I need to go find out what happened."

Bonnie walks over to the exit door, holding it open and peering out and up to Troy. "Hey, Troy! (Y/N)'s just gonna take them boys some nails! When she's done, she's gonna come back with Clement to find me!"

Troy nods from his post above, "all right!"

"Go on," Bonnie encourages, smiling reassuringly.

(Y/N) steps outside, adjusting the bucket in her arms as she nods. Bonnie closes the door behind her, (Y/N) looking up at the sky with a sigh.

She looks back, her eyes widening when she sees Reggie's bloodied and broken corpse.

"Hey!" Troy barks, making her jump and look over. "That ain't your concern. Get that stuff over to them boys. Just follow them cables."

(Y/N) briskly starts walking, eyeing the weak boards holding back some walkers warily. Her gaze lingers on a comic book store before she continues on, opening the door where the others are.

"Kenny, stop--!" Clement tries to defuse, standing near Kenny with his hands reached out to stop him.

"I ain't nobody's laborer! And neither is Clement!" Kenny snarls, shoving Mike back and pinning him to the wall in a choke hold. "Fuck that! Let 'em do this themselves if it's so Goddamn important!"

(Y/N) gasps softly, dropping the bucket at the sight. Clement jumps at the sound, turning swiftly and lighting up.

"(Y/N)!" he shouts happily, racing over and throwing his arms around her in a tight hug.