Episode One: All That Remains

...

..

.

Crows fly around overhead with caws,(Y/N) looking up at them with a neutral expression.

She had some dirt smeared on her face, and her hands were also scratched up and dirty. (Y/N) zips her jacket up, sighing softly as she shrugs off her bag and sets it down, dropping to her knees.

Rustling makes her pause, though she relaxes at the familiar footsteps as Clement walks over.

"You okay?"

(Y/N) smiles up at him, nodding. "I think my gun was pressing into my back. I'm just fixing it-- I'm okay."

Clement nods back, offering her a side-grin before squatting down besides her. (Y/N) digs through her bag, adjusting her bottle of water, and taking out her pistol.

"I'll just carry it," she mumbles to herself, rubbing her back where it was jamming into. Her eyes linger on her filthy, bloody (F/A) doll, still yet to be opened.

She closes her eyes, shaking her head and zipping her bag back up as Clement watches with a frown.

"What do you think?" Omid's cheerful voice questions up ahead.

(Y/N) rises, dusting off her knees and quickly walking over to Christa and Omid as Clement slowly rises, watching her with concern and following.

Christa sighs, "Omid, you can't be serious."

"I am!" he chuckles, looking down the scope of his rifle to the bathroom up ahead.

"We are not doing that!" Christa firmly replies, a chuckle lacing her words as she rises.

Her stomach was outstretched and prominent, as she was nearing the due date for her baby's birth.

"Why not?" Omid whines, rising and following after her.

"Because!"

(Y/N) follows after the two, Clement jogging to her side and looking around sheepishly. He moves around to her other side, tentatively grabbing her free hand in his.

She looks down at it for a moment before smiling, looking ahead.

Omid sighs dejectedly, "come on, Christa! What's wrong with Omid?"

Christa lets out a groan, rolling her eyes. "We're not calling our baby Omid! One of you is enough. (Y/N), Clement, a little help here?"

"Omid the Second!"

"... No."

"Omid Junior!"

"No!"

"... You have to admit, it had a ring to it."

Christa scoffs, "yeah, the ring of an egotistical maniac."

(Y/N) and Clement share an amused look.

"What if it's a girl?" Clement questions, making Omid look back.

"Yeah! There's a chance it's a girl," (Y/N) agrees with a giggle.

(?) Christa will remember that

"Then... We name her Christa!" Omid cheekily smiles.

"But I'm Christa," she sighs loudly, shaking her head. "I don't wanna call her Christa, that's just confusing."

"So, name her Genevive! I don't care," Omid laughs.

"How can you not care?!"

Christa demands with a huff, (Y/N) looking up at the large bathroom. It had a boys' room, a girls' room, and one of those family rooms.